Saturday, January 21, 2006

Home, sweet home....again!

Jan. 21, 2006
Tucson

We finally got home from Hawaii on Jan 9. We arrived in LA at midnight, and waited an hour, yes, an hour for our luggage, which I was sure was still basking in the Hawaiian sun! However, it also made it back in one piece (Thank You American Airlines!). We got back to Billie and Dan's at 2:30 a.m. (it has been years since we have been up that late...oh, no wait, I remember a certain Amtrak trip taken last month...) and litterally fell into bed. Up the next morning, loaded our car and headed towards Arizona. We decided we would drive part of the way and then finish the trip the next day. HA! We hit the Arizona border about 7:30 p.m. and we were like an old horse headed for the barn...we were going HOME! We got home about 11:30 and we were greeted by two angry cats who let us know, in no uncertain terms, that we were definitely on their "list"....what ever that is!

THe next week went by in a blur.... I know we had doctor appointments and the likes; but I can't tell you when or why! All I know is we were enjoying sun, albeit, it was cold at night (in the low 30's). And that all I heard from our daughter in Washington and daughter in Oregon is that is was still raining and they may float off at any time! Tee hee...we were on our 88th straight day of sun...but we sure could use a little of that rain. IF nothing else, to settle the dust down in the air. Of course, I have enough dust in the house to cause a small dust storm at any time if I turn on the fan!

Last week kinda' went by in a blur as well....I guess that is what retirement is all about. We are too busy to do anything, but I can't tell you what we were too busy doing! IT is still sunny and I am still hearing from those kids up north that are getting very soggy that it is still raining....wah! OH, and my NFL team, THE SEAHAWKS are doing fantabulous! GO SEAHAWKS! Tomorrow they play the Carolina Panthers....I may not watch the game...can't stand the suspense!

We went to dinner tonight at a wonderful place downtown called Cafe Poca Cosa! AL's cousin's Neil and Bobbi are in town, so we went with them and our other cousins, Holly, Bruce and Cortney to dinner. WOW! THe food there is sooooo good and I am soooo stuffed! Burp. OH, excuse me!

Cortney is almost 15, and tonight was her first formal dance! She looked absolutely beautiful. Do you remember your first formal dance? I do...it was at least a hundred years ago.... I think we had electric lights and cars...maybe! I also remember my girls first formal and I was a closet crier. I would go in the closet and cry because they looked so grown up...and beautiful. Boo Hoo...my babies ...oh well, that too passed, and now they are all grown and one has a daughter that she will possilby get to go through this with in the near future...if Lori can take her horse with her! Nuff of that nonsense!

So, that pretty much brings us up to date...for now. We still have sun and Seattle still has rain....nothing changes!

2 comments:

Jenn from WA said...

The first real dance I remember was a Christmas dance in Jr. High. Christy Gunderson (now Cross) came to our house on Sancroft street. We sure felt grown up. I had on a traditional 80's button up the back, gunny sack shirt, with a ruffly, flowery gunny sack skirt. Oh I was the shit. Though we didn't say that back then, we said we were "cool". Oh and I had a terrible hair cut....which I think is safe to say just about EVERYONE in the 80's did.

Thanks for the memories mom...

Jenn from WA said...

Oh PPS...it rained again today. = )

Followers