Friday, May 12, 2006

ODESSA, FINALLY!

May 12, Happy 17th Birthday Victor!!!!

We are finally in Odessa! We got home last night around 10:30p.m. All of us tumbled out of the truck/camper (for the cats -- and yes, Ted, Juanito made it all the way!!!) and the dogs ran and ran, we wandered to the house. We were almost incoherent we were so tired. But I am getting ahead of myself here!

We finally got out of Utah on Wednesday....we were beginning to think we had taken up residence there! We made it to Twin Falls, Idaho before stopping. The truck and camper weren't rocking so bad after having the shocks turned up to the highest they would go and the tire pressure a pretty much the highest we dared! However, the wind is not our friend and it was with us all the way up I-15, blowing, of course, across the road. Al's shoulders and back hurt just from holding on to the steering wheel so tight! We finally stopped at another KOA (now, this is unusual for us, we usually avoid KOA's, or Keep On Adding as we call them, as we have had some bad experiences in the past with them) and this one was very nice as well. The wind stopped blowing after we stopped, so we sat outside and just relaxed.

Yesterday we got on the road about 10:00 a.m. and decided we would probably go to Pendleton, Oregon and then stop. The wind was still with us and it was getting a little on the cool side as well. Still lots and lots of snow on the mountains all the way up through Utah, Idaho and Oregon. We reached Pendleton at 4:30 and decided to heck with it, lets go on to Richland/Kenniwick/Pasco. Well, once there, we were only 100 miles from home....so we decided to just go home. But, not before a stop at a Home Depot for toilet seats (we have new toilets in Odessa, but no seats?) and then a stop at Costco for needed supplies. After that and a quick bit to eat we hit the road at 8:30 p.m., hoping the wind would have died down, but no luck, it was blowing just as hard! MAKE IT STOP!

Now, we are home, anxious for a good nights rest. I come in the house and flip on the water faucet and get NOTHING! NO WATER??? What the??? Then I remembered Denise had said the water was turned off under the house. What I didn't remember is where the new shut off valve was and how to turn it on! And I wasn't about to go looking for it at 11:00 p.m. (remember, there are snakes here...and they could just be waiting for me!!) At this point, we were so tired, we didn't care. We went to bed! No dogs in bed with us either.....well, Beau tried, but was quickly put back in his bed! The cats even stayed out of bed....I have no idea where they slept, nor did I care!

Up this morning, refreshed and ready to tackle the day. The damn wind is still blowing a minor hurricane outside. Al took the dogs for a walk and he said they ran until he thought he was going to have to carry them home. I walked over to where the T-Bird was stored and brought it home, after picking up 2+ weeks of mail. I sat down and went through the mail and Al installed toilet seats. YEAH! IT takes very little to make me happy anymore apparently! Oh, and the very first thing we did was turn on the water! Water....we have water! Thanks again Denise and Gordon....wonderful job! Haven't gotten much more accomplished today. We both decided to take it easy today and tackle unloading/unpacking tomorrow. I have a lot I want to do before our company gets here at the end of the month, but I don't know how much I will get done. I seem to have a lot of ideas of what I want to get done, but the mind is willing and the body says "NO WAY!"

We are both glad this trip is over! As I sit here I see storm clouds gathering to the north of us....but if the weather holds true to pattern, they will pass to the north of us and we will get no rain. Good thing, we have things scattered from here to there and I don't feel like hauling them in!

IF you are in the Odessa area, stop in. We may be here! We plan on leaving for Alaska probably around June 6-7ish. Of course, that is just the plan. We could leave earlier, or later, we finally, after all of these years, have discovered we leave when we leave!

So, until next time.....happy trailers, er, trails, to you.

The Wroamin' Wraspirs,
Al, Jo, Beau, Schuster, Jose and Juanito
(pffttt to you Ted from Juanito!)

No comments:

Followers