Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Oh well, this too will pass.

Why is it when you have so much to do, you do nothing? It must be because you are just over whelmed by the volume of "stuff" you need/want to do. I am in that position now. We are currently in Odessa and I need to do so much around the house; i.e., wash windows (inside and out) before we leave for Tucson (now, you ask WHY??), dig up and seperate Iris bulbs and replant for next spring, clean out all closets (again, WHY???) and generally clean the entire house. THEN, clean the 5th wheel and get it ready to go (we plan on leaving early November) and LOAD the 5th wheel. Yes, I feel like I move every 3-4 months. And in the mean time, I am busy doing the daily grind stuff. IS THIS WHAT RETIREMENT IS ABOUT??? NO! I want to sit and read a book, go play golf (however, I left my clubs in Tucson)or just be lazy! I don't want to go to anymore doctor appointments in Seattle, I want to go to Seattle to play with my family and friends. I guess I am just bummed because I have so much to do and no energy to do it! Oh well, this too will pass.

We are enjoying a lovely Indian Summer here. Temps have been in the high 70's and sunny and bright. Perfect Fall days. And cool, crisp nights. Perfect sleeping weather. The leaves are beginning to drop and I am just ignoring them...let the wind blow them away! If only the wind blows in the right direction. Oh well, this too will pass. Then we will have the COLD days and nights and I will be more than ready to hit the road and get to Tucson (as if I am not already ready!)

Speaking of roads and Tucson, our road leading up to our house has once again been washed out by the monsoon rains. Now I have to call the man that built our road and have him once more come out and fix it. There doesn't seem to be a permanent fix to this problem -- so we just build the cost of repair into our yearly budget. For living where we do in Tucson it is worth it. Oh well, this too will pass.

Our recent trip to Seattle for doctor appointments for Al yeilded tests, tests and more tests. We hopefully will have answers on our next visit, Oct. 5. He is tired of going to doctor appointments and having tests done...now we want answers. He says age is the factor for his forgetfulness/confusion and I can only hope he is right. If it isn't, we will deal with it....this too will pass. Other than that, his health is stable, which I guess is what we want to hear at this point in time.

As for my health, as the doctor put it a few years ago "you are as healthy as a horse with bad knee's." WAIT! Don't they shoot horses with bad knees???? I am still fighting the bad knees and sore back, but the back problems are directly related with unloading the camper and getting it ready to sell. This too will pass. I just want to know how we got so much JUNK in there! IT is ready to go now and we will be taking it to SUN COUNTRY RV in Moses Lake to put on the lot to sell. Hopefully, it will sell better than the 5th wheel did last year. We are both glad to be back in the 5th wheel.


So until next time, this too will pass.

No comments:

Followers