Wednesday, November 15, 2006

One Million and Counting!!!

Yes, Tucson has reached the one million population mark as of last Sunday. Glad they didn't do the count during snow bird season...it would have been one million permanent residents and one million additional residents that come here and don't know how to drive! But I degress! I didn't realize Tucson was that large! Of course it is spread out over many, many miles. And when AL is on a hunt for something from a grocery store, you could, concievably, cover all those miles (right Cammie?) The forecast is that by 2040 the city will be 2 million...I don't plan to be around to see that one!

We are getting settled in, but it is tough. I don't want to do anything but go sit outside on the deck and enjoy the sun shine and the 80 degree weather. And look at the beautiful mountains and listen to the gazillion of cars that use Lago del Oro as the main road to Saddlebrooke. I know, quit complaining!!!! I could be doing the back stroke in Seattle! NOT!

THanksgiving will be here before we know it and I am not ready....we will have Dick and Lano here, plus the Sanderson's, so it will be a nice, small gathering. AL is already trying to figure out how he wants to prepare the turkey and I can see an arguement coming...because I am going to prepare it in the traditional way! No smoking, brining, frying, etc....just a good, old fashing turkey! Speaking of which, we were treated to an early Thanksgiving dinner, which was wonderful. Cortney cooked it for us last Sunday and she did an excellent job! She is a wonderful cook. YuMMMMMMM

4 comments:

Jenn from WA said...

Get two birds. Have dad do his and you do yours. Then decide who's is better.

Anonymous said...

Yah, I can see that going over real well.
"So Jennifer, whose bird is better, Mine or Al's???"

Good thinking *SSIL.

*Stupid Sister-In-Law

Jenn from WA said...

Well being that I'm a democrat, it'll be the bird on the left.

Al & Jo said...

Okay you two! Go to your corners. Very cute!

Followers