Tuesday, December 19, 2006

It's beginning to look like Christmas......finally

Dec, 19 Tucson



Juanito helps decorate the house!





It's finally beginning to look like Christmas around our house! The cards are mailed, and we are getting a lot of cards from friends and family, and we really enjoy that. Last Sunday we (we, as in, Cortney and I...Al disappeared) got the tree up and some lights on the outside of the house up. Cortney was my Santa's helper this year or I still would be struggling with the tree.
Now, you have to
understand that a few years ago we decided to go with a "fake" tree that was prelit...no more hassle with lights on the tree! Uh huh! It took the three of us (with a couple of cats and dogs thrown in to "help") to get that $%^&*() tree lit! You have to make sure all the "connections" are "connected" to the proper "connection"! I needed an electrical engineer to help put this thing up! FINALLY, I walked away and AL and Cortney got it together. Had I stayed around the tree would have been in little tiny pieces...I have no patience for that kind of nonsense! You see, my theory is, you plug it in and turn it on and it lights up! PERIOD! No hassle, no struggle!

Jennifer comes in on Thursday; friends from Yuma come in on Friday, so by Saturday our house will be full. Bruce, HOlly and Cortney will be here Christmas eve; and Christmas day will just be the five of us. A nice, small dinner of prime rib is planned. I haven't made the peanut butter fudge yet, nor the chocolate fudge; however, that activity is planned for Friday so Jennifer can help!!!

Our weather has turned a bit cool. Matter of fact, it tried to rain on us today and yesterday we got an actual drop or two of rain on the windshield of the car!! Now, I know, you people in the Pacific NW don't understand this at all, but rain around here is exciting! We also had some high winds on Saturday...I thought we were gonna' get blown off this hill top that we live on! Of course, we had nothing to compare to what Seattle had last week. WOW...I had to check and see if the State of Washington was still on the map...went on Google Earth to make sure!

We want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a happy and peaceful 2007.

2 comments:

Jenn from WA said...

I heard a viscious rumor that you can only make PB fudge if its sunny...so you'd better get that sun ordered. I'm not flying my butt down there for weather I can get here.

Al & Jo said...

blah, blah, blah, you will come down, sun or not!

Followers