Thursday, March 22, 2007

Things are a lookin' better around here

Tucson March 22, 2007

Before I even start on this blog, I have to say, we are in the middle of one heck of a storm! We have thunder (Schuster is trying to get UNDER the bed...he's too big!), lightning and rain....lots of water falling from the sky. We had just about forgot what rain was like! And boy, do we need this rain. Everything here is sooooooo dry. (Maybe the snakes will go back into hiding??? Not likely!!) At any rate, we are enjoying the storm and the rain.



Al has finally gotten all the results from all of the tests but one. The echocardiogram showed the right chamber of his heart wasn't emptying completely, therefore the remaining blood would flow back into the liver, kidneys and cause the edema. After mega doses of lasix and potassum, he has lost most of the fluid. He had gained 20 lbs in 3 weeks, and lost 20 lbs in 3 days with the lasix. I tell you, you didn't want to be in his way when he was heading to the bathroom!!!! We saw the cardiologist this week and he is pretty happy with the progress. He said Al's heart is strong and he changed some of Al's meds, reducing the lanoxin he is taking and we hope that will solve the slow heart rate problem. WHEW!!!! Al is feeling much, much better, he even has some energy and isn't as tired and weak anymore. That sure was a scary few days!

We have been laying low for the last two weeks, just trying to get Al well. It seems like I haven't gotten too much done, but I have been busy. Just can't figure out what I have done that kept me so busy...oh, wait, I know...it was running after things for Al. And it seems like a gazillion doctor appointments! WOW! Now I will have the headache of sorting through all the medicare and insurance paperwork. ICK.

BEWARE you drivers in Tucson....Cortney has her driver's license! She is a very good driver however. She was so excited when she got her license.....and rightfully so. Do you remember when you got your driver's license? I think I remember when I did....it was so long ago!!!!


Well, that's about all the news from this end of the world...hope this finds you all happy and healthy. Until next time............

No comments:

Followers