Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Lookee, lookee, what I can do!

Odessa



Look what I learned to do today! I did my very first quilt top!



I can hardly wait to get it finished now. I had NO IDEA how to quilt, but thanks to daughter-in-law Ardis and her mom, Maryann; who own the Quilt Crossing in Odessa, I AM HOOKED! Now all I want to do is sew another one! What fun! How exciting to see it all come together. Albeit, this is a very simple pattern, and very easy to put together, I had a blast doing it. And, you have to start some place, right? The next step I have to do on this quilt is put more border on it so it will be big enough to cover the bed in our cowboy room in Tucson. Then, I will have it quilted professionally. I don't have a quilting machine and I can't hold a needle long enough to quilt by hand. But this still was fun. I already have the fat quarters purchased for my next quilt...and I am trying to decide on a pattern. It will have to be easy tho....no hard ones for this person.

You should see the quilts that Ardis and Maryann have made! WOW! Maryann is working on one right now that is absolutely beautiful. Ardis finished a quilt top today that would knock your socks off! They are so talented.

Anyway, just had to share my first quilt.

Jo

2 comments:

Jenn from WA said...

ooooo its purdy...if you like quilts. Why do I have a feeling we're all getting quilts for xmas?

Al & Jo said...

No one will get quilts for xmas...I want to keep them all!!!!!!!!!!!

Followers