Wednesday, October 08, 2008

A Stitch in Time...

Odessolet

Wow...what a week! Remind me again why we are still here? Oh ya, that's right, AL wanted to deer hunt and I wanted to stay and enjoy some Fall weather. Okay, enough! We woke up to 25 degrees this morning. Had me whining about Tucson! All the animals and myself DID NOT want to get out of bed...too cold! BRRRR...time to go!

This last week has kinda' been a blur. I have been busy trying to organize and start to load the trailer...only I feel like I am in slow motion or I am slogging through water! I just can't do as much and as fast as I used to! Darn...getting old is starting to catch up with me and I don't like it one bit. Oh, I don't care about the number, I just hate this feeling of weakness I get and the sore body. My mind is still in it's 40's, however, my body says it definitely isn't!

Monday we had to take Schuster to the vet to have minor surgery. He had to have a cyst removed from his upper chest. Nothing to worry about, just a fatty tumor. I said that was the only fat on him and the vet agreed. He is in very good health otherwise. While they had him "under" they cleaned his teeth as well. While he was in the vet, (which is in Reardan, about 50 miles from here)we decided to go on in to Spokane and see our sister-in-law Gloria and take her to lunch and meet up with Gary and Jeannette as well. We had a good lunch and visit. I had to hit a couple fabric stores as I am looking for a pattern. WOW...guess it has been a while since I have bought a pattern...darn things are expensive and so is fabric. OUCH! Any way, we got back to the vet around 3:30 and picked up one very groggy dog. The vet said everything went fine, just to watch him that he didn't pull the stitches out, which none of us thought he would since they aren't in the easiest place to reach for him.

He did fine yesterday... a little loopy from the pain meds, but other wise he was fine. Then, this morning I got up and checked his stitches and couldn't find a one! All I could see was an incision, wide open and bleeding! WTH? How, he got those stitches out is beyond me! At any rate, I bandaged him up as well as I could and off to Reardan we go to get him stitched up AGAIN! When I called the vet she said I could try and super glue the incision together...HUH? Anyone that knows me knows that won't happen! The vet has super glued his incision and put a "sweater" type thing over it. She said he couldn't get that off...HA! We weren't even home and he had figured out a way to get it loose...and didn't even scratch or bite at it! So once we got home I once again took my medical tape and taped up the sweater thing so hopefully he won't get it off. He is once again a little on the loopy side and they had to give him some meds to calm him down. Now I am watching him like a hawk!

Speaking of hawks, well, not really, on the way to Reardan today I saw two wild turkeys (and not the kind in a bottle either!!) And, what I think was an Eagle. However, I don't ever remember seeing eagles over here, but it sure looked big enough to be one.

We have had cold, rainy and very windy weather the past few days. 17 more days and we will be outta' here. I heard on the weather forecast they were predicting "flurries" -- I sure hope those were leaf flurries and not that S stuff!

I am off this weekend to Lake Chelan to spend the weekend with daughter in law Janet and granddaughter Cammie while my house turns into deer hunting central. Then next week (18th) I am going to San Francisco for 6 days with the girls....can't wait for that trip.

So until next time.....we are still here.

No comments:

Followers