Saturday, April 11, 2009

Happy Easter 2009


Tucson
I bet a lot of Easter Egg Hunts in Tucson were ruined today....it has been raining since early morning. Around 2:00 a.m. we had a big clap of thunder, which sent both dogs leaping into our bed, and it started to rain hard. More thunder, lightning and rain! Wheee...we need it and glad to have it. Right now it is partly sunny, but we have big, black, mean looking clouds rolling in from the west, so we will have more rain yet today.

This has been another busy week....I wonder what a slow, lazy week would be like? We are having the out side of our house painted and the painters started Monday with the prep work and washing the house. Tuesday the painting began and since we are having it rollered and not sprayed, it will take a bit longer. IT really needed it and we are glad to get it done and over with.

Tuesday was doctor appointment day. AL saw the infectious disease doctor first and he was pleased with Al's progress and doesn't want to see him for 3 weeks. Then on to our new GP, who was pleased as well and doesn't want to see him for 2 weeks. YEAH! There isn't a single doctor appointment on the books for next week! Hooray!

Wednesday was Physical Theraphy day for Al, while I did some more cleaning out of "Stuff"....I keep thinking I will find an end to all this soon, however, I keep finding more stuff to get rid of.

Thursday we shopped all day! We left here at 10:30 a.m. and got home at 5:30 p.m. We have to buy a new refrigerator, so we spent the day looking for one that we liked and we could afford. We didn't have much trouble finding one we liked, it was the afford part we had a bit of trouble with. I can't believe that you could pay up to $3500 for a refrigerator (we didn't)! We finally settled on one from Sears and it will be delivered on Monday. And not a bit too soon as the ice maker in our old one is quiting now....and here we use a lot of ice. We went to Costco and Al walked all over Costco, and also Sears and a few other appliance stores we hit. He was tired when he got home, but his knee didn't hurt!

Yesterday was spent with taking Al to have his hair cut and a pedicure for him. Too bad I can't find time to have a pedicure for me! Soon...very soon. I did some grocery shopping as well.

Today I am trying to get ready for Easter. Bruce, Holly, Cortney, Gary and Bob Grabow will be here for dinner. Jeannette is in Hawaii for two weeks (poor Jeannette, having to suffer in Hawaii---wah!) Menu is ham, sweet potatoes, salad, deviled eggs, hot cross buns and "asparagus in the round" a new recipe I am trying. For dessert is lemon coconut cake...annual tradition in this house.

I had bought chocolate Easter eggs for everyone from See's Candy -- I woke up to having NONE of them this morning. Apparently , Schuster didn't want to wait for Easter and found them on the buffet and ate every one of them! I called the vet and she said if he wasn't sick, not to worry. He LOVES candy of any kind and I usually hide it well from him, but not last night! He had his own, personal, Easter Egg Hunt!

Next Wednesday I am taking the dogs to a snake awareness class. Hope they don't use real snakes or I will have a problem!!!! Stay tuned to find out.

Happy Easter to all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The DOG ate the chocolate!! NOT GOOD on all counts! xoxo

Followers