Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Dang...a NO GO!

Tucson
In my last blog I mentioned that we were getting ready to head north to Washington, first stop to be Odessa and that we were waiting for Al's surgeon to give us the "go" or "no go". Well, we are on a "no go" status right now and not because of AL's doctor!!!

For a few months I have had a hard time breathing and I have came up with every excuse in the world for it, i.e., weight, asthma, allergies, etc. I finally made a doctors appointment hoping to get some relief for it in the form of an inhaler, pills, etc. WELL, the doc didn't go for any of my excuses, nor for my form of relief for said symptoms. Oh no, he has me going through a battery of tests, seeing all of the "ologists" in the process, you know, the pulmonologist cardiologist, and the Iknowyouhaveinsurancethereforeigetpaidologist. Soooo..we are on hold for travel until I manage to worm my way through all of these tests. Tomorrow I go for the pulmonary test, then next week is the stress test (I may have to study for this one) and for an ultrasound of heart and lungs, etc. Then, after all the results are in, I will see the doctor June 2. I hope to be outta' here June 3, but we will see. They have already ran and EKG on me (which was fine) and taken their gallon of blood and urine, so those tests are in the works. Geez....I am really out of practice being the patient.

In other not so exciting news, it is hot here! The last two days have been 106, but today we have a cold spell going through and it was only 98. I don't mind the heat too much, however, I must say I do love my air conditioner!!!! I have some work to do outside, and I have been tackling it in the early morning before 10:00 a.m. I am trying to get the 5th wheel ready to roll so when the doc says we can go we will go!

Al has had good reports from his doctors. We saw the GP on Monday and he is happy with his progress; saw the cardiologist today and he released him and told him he would see him in six months. Tomorrow is the surgeon and I am sure he will also release Al. So I seem to be the hold up for heading north. OH well, it must be my turn!

The cactus have been in bloom and they are absolutely gorgeous. I would send you a picture of them, however, I can't seem to get a good shot of one and I don't want to get to close!

No comments:

Followers