Wednesday, September 16, 2009

IT'S DEUTSCHESFEST TIME

Odessa
Sept 18


It's time for the annual Deutschesfest in Odessa. This little town of 1,000 will grow this weekend to over 20,000 as people from far and wide will come to participate/celebrate "Fest". This little town continues to amaze me each and every year as residents come together to make fest a success. Today our town is a busy place. For weeks preparations have been under way. Businesses have spruced up their shops; residences have cleaned and shined their places; the little booths have been set up; German music is playing on the loud speakers around town (I have so many German songs stuck in my head that they are fighting for play time!!) and a festive spirit can be felt all over town. We have participated every year by having a garage sale...and this year is no exception...a big garage sale starts on Friday and runs until Sunday or until we are sold out. Vickie and I have been busy this last couple of weeks getting ready.



Granddaughter Cammie came up over Labor Day and helped me sort/price garage sale stuff. Then last weekend I went to Jerry's and sorted "stuff" again as he had stored some stuff for us. Now I hope all the "Stuff" will go away! It is amazing how much stuff we can collect in our lives. SHEEESH!



Last Monday we went to Spokane to take our sister in law, Gloria out to lunch and a movie. I don't think she has been to the movies in a long time. We say Julia and Julie and it was very good. Al had a hard time following it; but that was because he was up and down going to the bathroom!!!! I swear he has a bladder the size of a pea!

Sept 22
Well, "fest" is over...I would say the crowds were much smaller this year, but we had a good time. The garage sale went well, and what didn't sell was taken to a local charity and donated. It is done! Weather over the weekend was weird. Friday was hot...HOT! Saturday was windy, cold, hot, windy, cold, hot, oh, did I mention windy? Never fails at Fest time and garage sale time. We anchored things down and went on with the sale.

We signed the papers on the house today, so it is officially sold. Whew, big relief for us. We are now down to two houses in Tucson and the 5th wheel...I feel good! Light at the end of the tunnel and it isn't attached to a train anymore!

We will be wrolling out of here tomorrow, heading towards Seattle for our first stop of our trip to Tucson. I got the truck washed today, trailer cleaned and packed, laundry done, assorted miscellaneous items retrieved from the house that I want to go to Tucson identified so when our niece and her husband bring the rest of our "stuff" that we couldn't part with to Tucson it will all be together. I'm pooped. Busy day, but felt very productive.

So we are
Wroamin' Wraspir's once again -- all pets included I hope.

No comments:

Followers