Saturday, October 24, 2009

AHHHHHHHHHHH HOME

Tucson
Ah, home...what a wonderful feeling. We arrived home Tuesday, around 2:30 p.m. But I am getting ahead of myself here.

Monday, Oct. 19
We are off ...headed towards Tucson. We left Acton a little after 10:00 a.m. When we were leaving the RV Park another couple had pulled their motor home onto the access road and where having trouble getting their tow lights to work...I had to maneuver and squeeze past them...not fun, but I managed to do it without damaging anything.

We had planned to drive to Quartzsite, AZ today. But to do this we had to drive through Blythe, CA. Now, let me tell you about my hate-hate relationship with Blythe. NOTHING GOOD HAS EVER HAPPENED TO ME IN THIS TOWN! Years ago we were in Blythe, on our way to LA when we got the phone call that our daughter Jennifer was in the hospital in Seattle with life threatening blood clots. Then next time we went through this hell town, we were headed to Lancaster for a funeral of a good friend. We spent the night in Blythe and Al got very sick and we had to turn around and head back to Tucson. Well, Blythe held on to it's title of the most hated town....we were 20 miles west of Blythe when my cell phone rings. It's Jennifer...and she doesn't have good news. She has just gotten out of the doctors office and she has pre-cancerous cells in the uterus and has to have a hysterectomy. WTH? When? Well, she doesn't know a schedule yet, but she (and I) are pretty shook up. GRRR...I tell you it's this hell town.

So, we decide to keep going, not stop at Quartzsite and head for home. I am feeling good and not tired, so I told Al I would drive until I felt tired. Things are running smoothly, it's getting dark...hmmm...I look in the mirrors and its really dark behind me....wait, I don't think we have any running lights on the trailer. We pull into a rest area and sure enough, no damn running lights on the trailer. We had just had these fixed...or so we thought. So, we decide to head to the nearest RV Park, which happened to be eight miles down the road in Tonopah, AZ...in the middle of nowhere! However, the RV park was beautiful, apparently a snow bird retreat.

Tuesday...we are wrollin towards home. Every nerve in my body said HOME. We were all tired of travel...that includes cats and dogs. I finally pull up the hill to the house and we let the dogs out and the cats explode out of the trailer. It is the first time they have been allowed to run freely without leashes in over 5 months. All four animals explore the area to make sure no one has invaded their territory. A little bit after we arrive, Dick and Lano arrive. They had been over here to see a doctor and they had good news...no surgery for Lano.

We unload just what we need for the night and collapse in the house. IT IS GOOD TO BE HOME.

Wednesday and Jennifer calls....she had just talked to the oncologist .. he doesn't think it is a good idea to wait too long for surgery, so she is scheduled for her hysterectomy Nov. 4. WHOA...guess I had better get busy unloading the trailer so we can fly to Seattle to be with her during and after surgery. Just when I thought I was going to get to stay in one place for a little while....not.

The weather has been beautiful here...I love October in Tucson. Oh heck, I love Tucson, period.

Friday and we have no air conditioning. Hmmm...so I call the repair man and after $1000 of repairs, we have A/C. OUCH! I am pretty much finished unpacking the trailer, it is now all in the house and waiting to be put away, which may not happen right away! With Dick guiding me, I got the trailer backed in next to the house...and I am proud of myself for being able to do it in one shot.

Saturday, Dick and Lano go home and I go do some grocery shopping. Now I face the task of getting everything put away before we leave for Seattle....so for the next few days I will be busy.

No comments:

Followers