Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Tell me again why I decided to do this?

Birthday posts sounded like such an easy job when I decided to do it this year.  And it is...it's just that I can't keep up!  So here we go again.

First off the list is Victor...May 12.  Happy Birthday to grandson number 4.  And the youngest grandson, even though he is 22!  YIKES...how did THAT happen?  I turned my back and all of these kids grew up!  Sheeesh!

Vic is a special person.  He is so fun to be around....at least when I am around him, which is very little I am sad to say.  He lives in Portland, OR....I live in Tucson...of course ALL my children and grandchildren live far away from me. Darn it!  Of course they way they are scattered across the USA I would have to live in several different states at the same time to be close to all of them...But back to Vic...VICTOR WARD.  Ward after my dad...makes me smile.

Vic as a child was all boy...wanted to anything "BOY".  He had dreams as all children do, about being a spy, spiderman, etc.  He had a little "car" that he drove all over everywhere, well at least in his yard.  At the time they lived in California so I would only get to see him once or twice a year.  Then, in 1995 they moved to Portland Oregon...only 4 hours away.  I began burning up the highway between Seattle and Portland.  I loved watching Vic and his sister Lori grow . 

1996
Then, as a teenager, Vic got interested in Rodeo's...not just watching them, but participating in them.  And of course, he picked the most dangerous sport of all...bull riding.  Needless to say, he is part of the reason my hair is gray! 


Mololla Rodeo 2005

And before I knew it he was graduating from High School.  WHAT???  How can that be?  But, yes, he did graduate even with me claiming he was only 4!!!! HA.




And now, he is 22, and graduating from Jr. College here in a few days.  We are so very proud of this young man.  He has had to  overcome some huge obstacles to get to where he is today.  He has been diagnosed with Non Verbal Learning Disorder....but that didn't stop him.  People said he couldn't finish Jr. College, but they forgot to tell him and he has defied all the odds.  Yes, he has had to really struggle, but he has the determination and courage to overcome the obstacles life has put in his way.  We are proud to call him our Grandson.  We love you Vic...

No comments:

Followers