Saturday, June 04, 2011

Tonopah, NV

We are wroamin' again!  It's been a long time since I could say that.  We are heading north for a few weeks...Oregon, Washington, Montana and Colorado are in our plans. 

We left yesterday morning from Tucson; made it to Kingman Arizona before I gave up...was too tired to go any further.  I wonder if the wind ever stops blowing in Kingman?  

On the road by 9:00 a.m. today...anxious to go over the new bridge over Hoover Dam.  I was planning on stopping to take pictures.  We went  over it and never knew it!  It is called Kingman Canyon Bridge or something like that.  Darn!  We also got hit by a swarm of bugs/bee's this morning...sounded like hail hitting the car.  The windshield was a mess of bug splatters.  I stopped as soon as I could find a gas station  to clean the windshield...that was a job...what an icky mess.

We spent over 2 hours in Pahrump, NV.  We now own a lot in Pahrump; part of our rental house sale in Tucson.  And I must admit it is a great lot; 1 1/2 acres and is surrounded by HUGE, expensive homes.  However, just like everywhere else, there is no building going on in Pahrump.  So we will just hang on to the lot.  It has a great view of Mt. Charleston from the front of the lot and a mountain view (I don't know which mountains they are) from the back.  Pahrump reminds me a lot of Lake Havasu City, AZ, only without the lake.  We both really liked it.  We then went to the Pahrump Valley Winery, which we have heard so much about from Gary and Jeannette.  Great wine!  We wound up buying a case of it and stuffing it in an already too crowded car!  We had lunch at the restaurant at the winery and it was top notch. 

After lunch we decided we should probably get back on the road...boring drive from Pahrump to here..not much to see.  It is cool here, weather being very unusual for this time of year.  It was 74 when we arrived and it is down to 60 now.  BRRRRR

Dogs and Al are doing fine riding along.  It is a lot of work for me on this trip...Al can do nothing so I have to not only drive, but lug suitcases in and out and put his walker in and out of the car; walk the dogs; etc.  Hope my back holds out.  So far, so good.  I am doing my exercises faithfully! 

Tomorrow we are headed to Reno; then to Northern California and through Lassen Park to I-5.  Hope to be in Medford, OR by Monday afternoon.

We are driving a rental car and it is a dream to drive.  It is a Chevy Traverse and I am really liking it.  Once we get to Odessa, we will turn it in (in Spokane) and pickup our truck and 5th wheel and bring it back to Arizona. 

So until then next post in a few days...we are Wroamin' again and it feels good.

No comments:

Followers