Monday, July 18, 2011

BACK in the hospital again

July 18
Al has been complaining, whining, screaming in agaony about his back.  Poor guy really has been suffering.  Xrays showed nothing more that arthritis.  HOWEVER, yesterday morning he couldn't get out of bed and I couldn't get him out of bed!  So I called 911.  My favorite fire department EMT's showed up (they have been here several times in the past couple of years) and off we went to the hospital.

ER doc immediately gave him a strong dose of Dilaudid, which is morphine.  Finally, AL is out of pain.  Then off to have an MRI and it showed not only arthritis, but spinal stenosis AND a compression fracture at Lumbar 3!!!  Holy Smokes, no wonder he was in so much pain!  So, he is in the hospital awaiting the back doctor to come in and see what our options are. He is resting comfortably now and getting some sleep.  AND I finally got some sleep last night as well.  I will keep you posted as we go.

No comments:

Followers