Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Hey...who changed the blog format?

Nov. 9, 2011
Okay, since I have been gone someone (Google?) changed my blog format.  Confusion I don't need.

I feel like the last few weeks I have been on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride!  After I posted my last blog on Oct. 16, that day, Al took a fall that landed him back in the hospital.  He didn't get hurt but was so weak he couldn't stand.  He spent a few days in the hospital and then was transferred to Health South Rehab where he spent 2 weeks.  He gained some strength back, started walking again and getting better.  Then on Nov. 1 Al was moved  back to LaCanada Care Center from HealthSouth. HealthSouth said he wasn't improving enough and wasn't ready for more rehab at their level. Poor guy is so confused! And it is very frustrating for me. Just when it looks like he is doing better, he slides back down the slippery slope again.
He was welcomed back at LaCanada warmly. Even though it is a Skilled Nursing Facility, it is still a nursing home and very depressing to me. I gritted my teeth going in there.  However, in the nine days he has been in there I have seen some improvement. I have no idea how long he will be there.  All I know is by Dec. 9 he will be out of there...he will have used up his 100 days of medicare coverage for the year.  UGH.

On a brighter note, I celebrated my birthday recently and all of our friends and family here made sure I had a great day!  And all my kids checked in and I received a ton of cards...so I say thank you to you all.  I needed that.

Friends Ann and Gene from Bellingham are in Tucson for a month and I have been able to connect with them.  Good to see them.  And Gary and Jeannette are back for the winter as well.  As are a lot of the snowbirds! 

Our friends Jude and Roger are celebrating their 50th anniversary on Nov. 11.  Unfortunately, Jude is having some health issues so they plan on spending it very quietly, but I want to wish them a Happy 50th. 

 Our weather has been cold lately.  Well, cold for us.  It went from being 90 for days on end to 50 in the day and low 40's at night.  Today it managed to get to 67...brrrr.  We didn't go gradually into cold, it changed quickly. 

So until next time...keep living your lives...enjoy each day.  Remember to smile.

No comments:

Followers