Friday, May 04, 2007

Best Laid Plans............

Tucson

Yup...Still Tucson! We have been trying unsuccessfully to head to the great (?) town of Odessa (usually known as Odessolet by two of my grandchildren) for the last week. Planned departure date? TODAY! So, what are you still doing in Tucson you ask? Well, it all started last Tuesday. I had been busy cleaning the 5th wheel and getting it ready to load. Tuesday evening AL is going to haul the trash cans to the road (no easy feat I might add, since the road is a quarter mile away). He has them loaded in the truck and he started to get into the truck and his left food slipped and he twisted his ankle. I think it is all a ploy to get me to help him...but being the good person I am (No comments from the peanut gallery) I help him with the trash. Later that evening he says "my ankle hurts"...I look and at it and it is swollen up like a balloon. Oh-oh. I asked him if he wanted to go to ER, and of course the reply was "NO". Well, at 9:30 p.m. he decided he had better go to the ER (of course I was ready for bed). So off we go to ER HELL! They xrayed, did blood work up (?) etc. and determined he had a bad sprain. At least it isn't broken I say, so we can continue on with traveling plans. We get home at 3:00 a.m. ... pain killers in had and instructions for him to keep it elevated and iced.

Next morning I suddenly realize that ALL of the packing, loading, closing this house down is on my back! AAARRRGGG! Well, if that is the case...things will be slowed down drastically! I have discovered I am not as young as I once was and what used to take me 10 minutes to do usually takes 30 now! So now we are at a crawl.

AL's ankle is still very swollen and he can't travel very far in a car/truck, etc. See??? If we had a motor home he could just go lay on the bed and I could drive (since I have to anyway). We still have no idea how long he will be layed up (pardon the pun) so I am taking my sweet time loading. The ankle is still very swollen and sore. I know what that feels like since I broke my LEFT ankle this winter...however, it didn't really seem to slow me down much. So I have to think that a sprain must be more painful.

At any rate...we are still here in Tucson. I am enjoying the weather tremendously, we have even had a couple of short rain/thunder storms which I LOVE!

Last Friday we had our annual "Al's birthday and our Farewell" party here. Al barbequed about a million ribs (at least it looked like it!) and we had good friends over to help him celebrate his birthday.

So until we can wroll....we are the un-wroamin' wraspirs!

No comments:

Followers