Monday, December 10, 2007

It's December in Arizona

Tucson
Dec 10

15 more days until the craziness stops! Oh, wait, then we will have the "after Christmas" sales! I swear, people have really lost the real meaning of the season! Ch-ch-ch-chia! But I digress!

My brother Dick from Anchorage arrived two weeks ago to move into our other house that we are renovating. When we bought this house we didn't expect to completely re-do it, but that is pretty much what we have done! It is nearing completion and close enough that we will finally move Dick in tomorrow! Whew...it has been a rat race, with the rats coming in second! I have pretty much been on a non-stop shopping trip for the last 2 weeks...and I am not a good shopper. Especially at this time of year...I seem to lose the last bit of patience I don't have! At any rate, today was the Costco, Walmart, Home Depot run and I think at least for the time being, we have everything he needs to get moved in. We have a local thrift store here, the Golden Goose, which is really an upscale thrift store that I have been haunting...so much that they know me by name! Not good! Any way, thanks to them, Gary and Jeannett; Holly and Bruce; and our spare "stuff" I think we have the house furnished so he will be comfortable.

Our weather hasn't exactly been cooperative either. In the last 2 weeks we have had rain, wind, cold, rain, wind, cold, repeat. We have had a few warm days, but for the most part, it has been Tucson nasty. One night it rained so hard it washed out our road AGAIN! There has to be a permanent solution to this road washing out every time it rains....and I hope we come up with one soon before we go broke fixing it! I want to build a bridge, however, I am told it would never get past permits...permits? We don't need no stinkin' permits!

As for Christmas, well, it isn't happening yet at our house. I have thought about getting decorating started, but it isn't the 15th yet and I really don't put up our tree until then, so what? I have a few days to worry it yet. Outside lights may not happen this year either. We will see....the weather has to get better before I try the outside light routine.

Last Friday night we hosted a Greek Dinner here. I must say I think we did a great job, but no one told me making Mousakka was an all day deal! Whew...it was good, but it was a lot of work. Suzi brought killer crepes and bakalava; Al bbq'd lamb shanks that were sooooo good. Gary & Jeannette; Bruce, Holly, Cortney; Bob Grabow were here to enjoy the feast. It was fun.

Well, that brings us up to date for now...stay tuned to see if I really do get the Christmas decorations up before Christmas and if I am brave enough to venture out to another store!

And on another note, our granddaughter Sarah is due to deliver our new Great-Granddaughter Nadia any day now....one or the other is being very stubborn and I have a hunch it isn't Sarah! Older great granddaughter Natasha says it is time her little sister makes her appearance and we agree.

Stay tuned...............

No comments:

Followers