Sunday, March 30, 2008

What a difference a week makes!

Tucson
This time last week we were in St. Louis in freezing weather; this week we have the air conditioner going and it is 87 outside! However, it is windy...trying to blow us off this hill again.

We arrived home safe and sound last Monday afternoon. Left Kansas City in 34 degree weather; arrived in Tucson to 87 degrees! Needless to say, we were happy (at least I was) to see some sun and heat.

This week has been devoted to doing our $%^&* income tax! I hate this job! However, the only part I really hate (besides having to pay) is the collecting of the data needed. Every year I say I will, on a monthly basis, do a spread sheet for taxes....and every year I don't! GRRRR

Yesterday I spent all day doing something I LOVE TO DO! I spent all day riding my ATV. Bruce and Holly, plus my nephew Bruce and I went ATV riding up the back side of Mt. Lemmon. Round trip was about 40+ miles and I had the time of my life. It was so beautiful back in the wilderness, and since we left fairly early in the day, we had very few people to contend with. The road to the back side of Mt. Lemmon is pretty much a 4 wheel drive road, unless you have an ATV. For the first half or more of the road, it is fairly smooth and an easy ride. Then, just past the old mine, the road changes and it gets narrow and fairly rough in spots and steep in places. Beautiful scenry tho. Once we got to Mt. Lemmon we had lunch and of course, a piece of pie; then it was back down the road. Now, the old mind decides to kick in and sayes "What goes up, must come down"....hmmm. However, it wasn't a bad trip down...until we stopped for a break half way down. When we went to start my ATV again, it refused to start. Nothing either Bruce did would convince it to start. NOW, is the time I was very thankful I wasn't up there alone! Finally, Bruce pulls out his tow strap (I tell you, he was prepared...unlike I was!) and winds up towing my ATV (with my nephew Bruce on it) back down to where we were parked with truck and trailer. Sure am glad I didn't have to ride back on the ATV being towed. HOlly and I rode her ATV back. So, now my horse (as I call my ATV) is broken! (Insert a pout here) Bruce looked at it today and decided that we probably need to take it to Honda; so being the wonderful person he is (And he really is a great guy) he will take it in for me tomorrow. BOO HOO...my horse is broken.
Bruce Spaid, Holly and Bruce Sanderson
wild poppies along the trail


The rest of this week will be spent getting ready to leave on our next big adventure; Orlando Florida for a week and our Panama Canal Cruise. We leave for Orlando next Saturday and I am so excited to see some good friends from Lancaster days who live near Cocoa Beach; and also my high school girlfriend and her husband who live on the west coast of Florida.

So, until next time, we hope all is well for everyone.

No comments:

Followers