Saturday, April 26, 2008

Cabo san Lucas

April 25, 2008 Friday Cabo San Lucas

Ahhhh…we both feel much better! After I coughed for a while last night I finally propped my self up on several pillows and slept the night away. Consequently, Al got some sleep as well!

We arrived in beautiful Cabo San Lucas at 8:00 this morning. This is a definite place to come back to….I really like it here. We got off the ship around 10:30 for our “carriage ride around the town” tour. Yep..horse and carriage. I think those carriages need shock absorbers! Or smoother roads in Cabo! OUCH!

After we finished our ride we wandered around the port/marina area for a while; had lunch in a place called “Senor Greenbergs” – doesn’t exactly sound Mexican, does it? It was okay, not great, but I did get my taco’s that I was hungry for. They were rolled and fried, resembling more of a taquito; but they cured the craving.
After lunch Jack and Al returned to the ship while Suzi and I did a little shopping…more looking than shopping. After a while it all begins to look the same, just different names!

We set sail at 4:00 p.m. and had been at sea about 20 minutes when the captain announced we had a medical emergency on board and we were returning to Cabo immediately to get this person taken to a hospital immediately…so it must have been a life or death emergency. We watched from Jack and Sue’s room as the tender took the person to shore…how sad.

Dinner tonight was in the dining room…now we are back from dinner and Al and I are crashing; Jack and Sue are going to the show. Al and I are tired and still recovering, so I think we did good to stay up to 8:00!
Nite all!

April 26, 2008 Saturday
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAM B....YOU ARE 60!!!!

AT SEA ALONG THE BAJA COAST
We are really clipping right along since we left Cabo. Captain trying to make up lost time from our emergency yesterday.

This morning Suzi and I played Bingo...played is the correct word here, we didn't win! NADA...nothing, nilch, nix, none. But it was fun

After lunch Jack, Suzi and I went to play "Name that tune"...argh...we are really bad at this game. I know the words to most of the songs, but can't figure out the name of the $%^&*(* song! grrr

Speaking of lunch....we have been on the cruise too long...all of the food is beginning to taste the same. This happened last time as well....lots of variety, but coming from the same kitchen. Tonight we are going back to the Lotus Garden Asian Fusion -- me for some more of the good terayaki steak I had there a few nights ago.

AND IT HAS GOTTEN MUCH COLDER OUTSIDE! You can tell we have left the tropics....brrr! It is only 62 degree's today, with the wind blowing it feels like 40! I can't wait to get to Seattle and freeze!

Tomorrow is LA and we are meeting Billie and Dan for the day...should be fun.

Until then.............Adios.....

No comments:

Followers