Monday, June 09, 2008

It is June, isn't it?

Odessolet....
June 9 (at least that is what the calendar says)

Okay, here it is June 9 and I still am wearing long sleeves and long pants. What is wrong with that picture? Nothing if you are in Odessa...it has been cold, wet, windy, repeat. This morning it was 39 degrees....no, I don't have dyslexia, 39 degrees! WHY? My brain has been frozen! We both were scrambling for more covers last night...brrr. AND THE WIND! Good grief...does it ever stop blowing? As I write this another gust just hit the house making the house shudder! Even our house is tired of the wind!

Since we have been home from Seattle, not much has happened here. I cleaned out another closet yesterday and managed to get 9 more boxes of garage sale stuff; plus 10 years of personal record that needed to be destroyed. I could have burned up a couple of shredders, but Jerry suggested we burn them. Okay,good idea...however, where? He brought over a burn barrel and we had ours, so yesterday when the wind wasn't blowing a gale, I burned, burned and burned. Burned tax records dating back to 1988....don't think I will need those. So now I have one closet that is clean, clean, clean. Now to tackle the other one when we get back from our next trip to Seattle. I am trying to get this house ready to sell if the mood strikes Al to sell. There is enough "stuff" in this house to keep me busy sorting for the rest of the year. And I am being ruthless...if it hasn't been used in the last year, it's gone! And I hope to keep Al out of the garage sale pile!!!! :-)

I did have a fun trip last week to Spokane. I picked up my sister-in-law, Gloria and we went to the mall and met up with Jeannette, Gary, Kali and Josh. Oh my, Josh has grown so much since I saw him in March...and he is so darn cute and a good, good baby. He and Kali will go home this Wednesday and I am not sure Jeannette won't be in their suitcase!

So, until next post, we are heading for Seattle tomorrow for doctor, dentist rounds and the graduation of our granddaughter Cammie. I just don't understand how these kids grow up so fast....I haven't aged..have I? Don't answer that!

No comments:

Followers