Thursday, January 15, 2009

Ever been to Blythe, CA?

Blythe,CA
Yes, that is where we are tonight. We are on our way to Lancaster, CA to attend the memorial service of a good friend who died last week. I tell you, so far this year stinks!

If you have ever been to Blythe, you know what I am talking about...and if you have never been to Blythe, don't bother! We left Tucson late this afternoon and by the time we got here I was done driving for the day.

My nephew from Alaska is got in to Tucson today and he will stay with his dad until the end. My brother seems to be doing about the same. He is eating very little and drinking very little, but he has the determination to live a bit longer, which is fine with me. The Hospice nurse told me yesterday that every time she leaves my brother she is sure she won't see him again, yet he is still with us. He continues to amaze me.

We SHOULD be in Hawaii right now. Darn, I hated to cancel that trip, but knowing me I would just be worried sick about my brother while I was there, so it is best we cancelled. BUT, all I can think of is the nice tropical breezes, hearing the surf, etc. Maybe next year........

So tomorrow it is on to Acton, CA where Billie and Dan live. We are looking forward to seeing them and other friends. Also I hope to see my youngest brother while there. We will see how it goes.

So until next blog........stay safe and happy.

No comments:

Followers