Thursday, December 03, 2009

Hmmm---it's been a while

Tucson
I thought I had posted a blog from St. Louis, but guess I didn't! 

We had a fabulous time in St. Louis with Mike, Bev, Sarah, Natasha and Nadia.  What a treat for me....Bev pretty much wouldn't let me do anything and I got some much needed rest.  Mike took over the care of Al for the most part and Bev and I played.  One day (in a horrible rain storm) we set out to find a Quilt shop in Florissant,MO.  Helen's Hen House Quilt Shop...what a great place.  It is in one of the many old mansions in the area.   One day we went to the mall; had lunch at St. Louis Bread Company, which for everyone else is Panera Bread Co.  One day all of us went to 5 Guys Hamburgers...that was good as well.  But for the most part we relaxed and enjoyed the wonderful hospitality of Mike and Bev and their great cooking. 

Nadia and Natasha

Natasha is growing up so fast....at 10 years old she is already beautiful....and nice.  Nadia is a typical 2 year old, cute as can be and into everything she can think of.  She really is a good baby, not fussy or cranky at all.  At least when she was with us....Sarah may differ with that tho.

But it all has to end, and on Friday after turkey day we headed back to Kansas City to catch our flight to Phoenix, but not without seeing David, Tiffany, Sophie and Ada one more time. 

We arrived back in Phoenix 30 minutes early (love SW Airlines!!) and got to our hotel early.  We were both tired, but looking forward to a nice dinner out and then bed.  Got to our car and guess what?  DEAD BATTERY!  Dinner was delivered pizza!!!  The next morning AAA came out and installed a new battery...I knew I was on the ragged edge of needing one, just trying to eke out another few starts!!!

We met Dick and Lano in Gila Bend and picked up the dogs.  Boy were we glad to see them.  And they were glad to be home, however, not getting as spoiled as they were when they were with Dick and Lano.

Since we have been home we have had several doctor appointments.  AL is doing fine; however, I am having trouble with carpal tunnel and will have to have surgery sometime in the near future.  I am going to try and postpone it until after the cruise in January.

Now I am deep into Christmas...cards, decorations, etc.  Last Sunday I baked 20 doz cookies; 10 doz went to the cookie drive for our troops in Afghanistan and Iraq; 10 doz went into my freezer for future use!

Good friend of ours, Carolyn from Seattle will arrive here this Saturday for a short visit and we are both anxious to see her.  That will distract me from Christmas for a while, which is fine with me.  I am just not ready for the holidays. 

It is cooling down nicely here....tonight in the low 30's, but during the day in the 60's.  We are suppose to get rain over the weekend and part of next week, which will be fine with us as we really need the rain.  I imagine Carolyn won't be to happy with it tho!!!

Jenn is doing well...had her post op appointment today and all is well.  Thank goodness.  She is having a hard time with no appetite and has lost 14 pounds in the last month...wish I could say the same.  Oh well, such is life.

Until next time, live every day as if it was your last....life is ment to be lived.

No comments:

Followers