Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas

Tucson,  68 degrees
Ah, Christmas.....all the hustle, bustle and rush is over.  Now to sit back and enoy. 

This Christmas is a little different for us in that Jennifer, who usually flys to where ever we are for xmas isn't here.  We are all, and when I say all, all of our kids and us, are going on a cruise next month, so Jenn elected to stay in Seattle for xmas this year.  I have talked to almost all of our kids today, or texted them. '

Today I am mostly reminded of Christmas' past.  I remember childhood Christmases where we opened our presents on xmas eve.  We usually went to my Aunt and Uncles for dinner and Mom or Dad would always dissappear for a while after dinner.  Then when we got home Santa would have been to our house.  I was told we were first on his list of deliveries.  I knew we didn't have much money, but we always had gifts and lots of love.

Then I remember when my children were small....the wonderment on their little faces when they would see the tree with Santa's gifts under it.   Jenn shared some pictures today of her and Melanie on xmas morning and I was instantly transported back in time. 

And last, but certainly not least, my prayers for our men and women that serve our country, either in the military, or as police and fire fighters....they are our hero's.  I am fortunate to have our adopted daughter Billie and her husband Dan, Billie as a Lt. in the LA County Sherriff department and Dan as a fireman in Los Angeles City Fire Dept....our own personal hero's. 

We are both so very thankful that our great grand daughter Natasha who had a tumor removed from her brain a week ago is doing well and home from the hospital.  We are also so very thankful for our entire family, Mike, Bev, Stephen, Sarah, Natasha, Nadia; Jerry, Jennifer; Melanie, Ron, Victor, Lori; Ric, Janet, Ashley, Cammie; David, TIffany, Sophie and Ada; Billie and Dan, our wonderful children, grandchildren and great grand children...we are so blessed.



Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

No comments:

Followers