Saturday, December 18, 2010

Update on Al and other stuff

Well, here it is 18 days after "the fall" and Al is still in rehab.  Instead of going to a Skilled Nursing Facility as originally planned, it was decided that he could handle going straight to a rehab facility.  I was doubtful at first, and when he originally arrived at rehab I think they were doubtful as well.  He HAS to do at least 3 hours of rehab a day for Medicare to pay for it and to remain in rehab.  That is why we were doubtful.  He was very weak and not very cooperative.  Here we are almost 2 weeks later and he is doing wonderful in rehab.  It took him about a week to get with the program, but he was weak and tired from the surgery and he doesn't bounce back quickly.  Yesterday when I went in to see him he was sitting in his wheel chair (the only chair tall enough for him to get out of) and was in good spirits.  He can walk to the bathroom and back and can get in and out of bed and chair by himself.  He has also lost some weight, which is good.  His blood sugar and blood pressure is running right where it should be as well.  And his color is good; there for a while he looked pretty "gray" or "yellow".   His projected discharge date is Dec. 24, which I am so thankful for. 

In other news, well, there isn't any!  My life has pretty much revolved around going to the rehab facility or coming home from.  I can take the dogs into rehab and they love to go and the people there love to see them.  I have signed the dogs and I up for Therapy Dog classes and we start next month.  I think they will do very well.  Me?  Well I hope I can keep up with them!!!

No comments:

Followers