Thursday, March 08, 2012

Grands and Greats

Tucson

March 8, 2012
I have just returned from a week vacation in Missouri. See, Missouri is where all my great grand children live. I haven't seen them in over two years, so I had a great desire to go to Missouri. It wouldn't be my normal choice of a winter vacation spot, but, with them there I had no doubt where I wanted to go on my break. Needless to say I had a great time.  My daughter-in-law Beverly carted me from St. Louis where two of my greats live to Kansas City where 3 of them live. And as an added bonus I was able to visit with two of my grand children.  I needed a break.

Granddaughter Sarah and her two girls, Natasha (12)  and Nadia (4) live in the St Louis area; so I got to have a longer visit with them.  Natasha has had some serious health problems the last couple of years, so I really wanted to see her for myself and make sure she was doing well.  Nadia is a hoot!  She is a very lively 4 yr old and I enjoyed every minute with her and her sister.

In Kansas City I visited with grandson David and his 3 girls; Sophie (4) Ada (3)  and Molly (2), and yes, he definitely has his hands full with three little active girls.  I enjoyed just watching them interact with each other as siblings.  They really are good and play well with each other.  I can't wait until he has 3 teenage girls to deal with!  What fun that is going to be...all those hormones....ugh! 

The weather in Missouri was pretty decent...we had some wind, and a couple of cool days, but not bad at all.  We did get to experience a fierce thunder and lightning storm early one morning...the same storm that turned into tornados in Indiana later that day.  No thanks!  I did see the area of the tornado on Good Friday last year in St Louis...too close to the kids for my comfort.  Even after a year you could see the damage.  Give me an earth quake any time over a tornado.  I would prefer neither, but since I am a California girl earthquakes don't scare me like tornados do....just sayin'.

I came back to a cold Tucson last night....it was 42 when I drove up to our house!  What the heck?  It was 80 when I left.  However, weather is to warm up again this weekend....and pretty soon I will be howling about the heat again!

While I was gone Al's caregiver Pat was with him for two days; then he went to La Canada Care Center (where he was while in skilled nursing) for 5 days. Hospice gives me 5 days of respite every 90 days. He is doing amazingly well. He has lost another 6 pounds; which I am sure I have found. He is getting a bit weaker I noticed today or maybe I just noticed it after being gone for a week. But he is eating well and still is able to walk with the assistance of the walker.

He was glad to get home today and the dogs, cat and I were happy to see him home. He is stable and that is all I can ask for at this point in time. Every day is a blessing.

1 comment:

Followers