Sunday, May 20, 2012

Wow A month?

Here I am again...a month has flown by and I haven't blogged!  WHAT is wrong with me?  I ALWAYS  have something to say!  Sometimes it's not worth listening to, but I always have words ready to spout out of my mouth or mind!

Let's see...where did this last month go?  Well, for starters, Ric and Janet were here for Al's 78th birthday in April.  It was fun having them here and we always enjoy being with them...even if it is always too short of a time.

Then the first part of May our good friend Suzi had knee replacement surgery and they stayed here for a few days after surgery instead of going home to Rio Rico.  I don't know how they felt about it, but it made me feel better knowing she was closer to the doctor in case she needed him...however, she did wonderful.  As Jenn calls here "Miss Over achiever"  Suzi tends to amaze me in her ability to recover from anything in the shortest amount of time.  And no whining!  I WOULD be whining...I know I would.

The last four days Mike and Bev have been here.  We had a great time as usual; Bev and I out and about a couple of days at Quilt Shops, etc.  We all went to Mt. Lemmon one day.  The regrowth from the fire a few years ago is amazing.  And the new restaurant in Summerhaven was very good and very much needed.  It was a fun day.  Then last night we all went out to dinner at Michealanglo's.  We celebrated Suzi's birthday a bit early as well.  Had a fabulous dinner and good company.  Mike and Bev left today and the house seems very empty.  Mike had a few "honey do" chores he did for me as well...a few things I can't do anymore he did for me.  THANK YOU MIKE.

Al and I have been sitting here discussing how blessed we are to have such wonderful children; children who are happy, sucessful, and loving.  And not necessarily all of them are our biological children.  A few we have "adopted" along the way...and they are just as important to us.  You know who you are.  And then there are our grandchildren...what a delight they all are to us, and then, there are the greats....and they are just that!  We are so fortunate in our lives to have all these wonderful people.  THEN, we are also so rich in the friends we have.  Our lives are so blessed with the family and friends we have.  We love you all.

Al is doing well...his hospice nursing visits down to once a week for now.  He has managed to get out a bit more in the last month and enjoys that.  We might even try to do a longer ride (gulp) down to Rio Rico in the near future....maybe, if I get up my courage.  I just don't like to be very far from home with him. 

Weather is getting hotter...it's that time of year.  We have already had several days of over 100....air conditioner running full time...I can see the $$$$ floating away.  I keep the ac set at 80, and when I get too hot inside, I go outside for a minute and then come back in...and surprise...it's cool inside for a while.  Me and my mind games!

So until next time, live life like it is your last day on earth....it could be.

No comments:

Followers