Thursday, April 19, 2012

So long good friends..until we meet again

Good friends of ours, Pat and Patti left this morning to return to their summer home.  No bid deal, right?  WRONG....next year they will be spending their winter in FLORIDA!!  HEY!  What about me???  You are leaving me behind!  At least that's what I wanted to scream last night.  We will really, really miss them.  But a new chapter in life keeps opening up every time I turn around it seems. 

I just updated our profile on Blogger as well...it was a little out of date.  Yes, I miss the traveling we did...my feet start itching this time of year to get going...but it won't happen ... even if I think I can make it happen I know I can't.  Al is just too frail to try a trip anywhere.  Going out to dinner is a challenge and scary some times.  He, too, is asking me "when are we leaving" and it is so hard for me to try and explain to him that we aren't going anywhere and why.  In his mind he is still able to travel.  Heck, in my mind he is!  But then reality (damn it) sets in quickly.  So we will be here for the summer, fall, winter and spring.

Speaking of summer, I think it is here.  It was 95 yesterday, suppose to be 96 today and 97-98 all weekend.  We are breaking all kinds of records here with the heat.  I like the heat opposed to the cold, but this is just a little to early.  Another month or so, and I would expect it; but I haven't had any time to "ease" into it yet.  Last weekend it was so cold we had the heater on...go figure.

My youngest nephew, Michael was in town last weekend.  He and his band are on tour and were here for a couple of days.  We got to have dinner with him and it was fun getting caught up on what is going on in his life.  He sure is a nice young man....

Dick and Lano were here for a week and their whirlwind dog, Misty.  Misty is Beau's great niece and she is only 15 mos old....still a puppy.  I chuckled at my two old men dogs...they used to want to play ALL THE TIME with Dick and Lano's old dog Buddy and Buddy would snap at them to STOP.  NOW, the tide has turned and my two are snapping at Misty to stop! 

And on a final note, RIP Dick Clark, you were one of my idols.  My youth is gone.

And yes, we are in the winter of our lives now....just don't want to see a blizzard anytime soon.  Friends and acquaintances are dying off at an alarming rate....I remember when this was happening to my parents and I thought it was so horrible...well, here we are and I still think it is horrible.

ON that note, live life to the fullest every day...you may not have a tomorrow.

No comments:

Followers