Saturday, July 21, 2007

The Reds are Here!

Sterling, Ak July 21, 2007

The Reds are here! In great numbers! 48,000 came through the fish counter on Thursday, so they are now in our water! And a lot are in our freezer! So far I have packaged 48 pieces of fish and they are in the freezer being frozen; and one in the refrig waiting to hit the bbq tonight. My vacuum sealer has been humming for two days. And with the fish come all the people in the camp! EVERYONE IS HERE! It's a busy place right now and getting a spot on the dock to fish is tough....I just wait for someone to pull out a fish, then while they are taking the fish off I go fish in their spot, and everyone seems to do that. Of course, the SPAID luck is holding, I catch one fish to every 20 everyone else catches. Bruce and I have decided it must be in the blood!

Today was the memorial celebration of life for Ray Geerin, the owner of Fish on Inn until he died last October. He was a wonderful person, and we count ourselves fortunate to have known him. There was a huge pot luck today at noon and boy was there some yummy salmon dishes. Salmon wraps with sweet/hot sauce were my favorites. YUM

Our neighbors in camp, Chuck and Kate Sullivan from Sequim, have sold their trailer and they aren't coming back up on a regular basis anymore. This really saddens us as they are great neighbors and people. Chuck reminds us so much of a taller Gary Wraspir.....he has the same disposition and looks like Gary and treats people like our Gary does. Chuck is a family practice doctor in Sequim, so it was nice having him near when we were up here. There are plenty of other doctors in the camp, so we won't be short on help if we should need it. We hope to keep in touch with Chuck and Kate.

The weather is nice and warm...80 today...wah hoo. I am loving it! So are the flies and mosquitos tho! OH WELL, such is life here!

Gotta' go....I hear a sockeye calling me..................

No comments:

Followers