Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Goin' home again......

Anchorage, Ak July 31,2007

Tomorrow we will depart this beautiful place and head back towards Odessa...eventually.

I have been thinking of how to describe the beauty that is Alaska...and I have came to the conclusion that there aren't enough adjectives to describe it. Every time I see it, and not for the first or second time, the beauty of the scenery still takes my breath away. Everything is still pristine; well for the most part and especially on the drive from Anchorage to the Kenai River. Even tho there are so many people at the river at this time of the year; it is still beautiful.

We came back to Anchorage on Sunday after closing up the trailer for the season. It is a chore to close it up as you can not leave ANYTHING that will possibly freeze during the winter; so all canned goods, anything with liquid you have to take out and either 1. Give away; 2. toss; 3. give to your nephew or brother.

We have had a good visit with my brother, who will be moving to Tucson in late October and live in our other house along with my nephew. We are glad to have them with us and since my brother is not in very good health and can't take the cold winters any longer, we are happy to have him.

While here in Anchorage I helped my niece find a mobile home to live in. She had been looking, but today we finely found one and she made an offer on it. She has been living in her fifth wheel and about froze last winter, so we are glad to see she will be in a warmer house this winter.

Tonight we went to Glacier Brewhaus for dinner. It is one of the many micro brewery's here in Anchorage area and the food was excellent. And Cortney, eat your heart out, I had the best king crab legs I have ever had!!!! I thought of you the whole time.
This is what is left of the king crab legs after I got done with them...............
So until next time, we are on the wroad again, heading home.

No comments:

Followers