Thursday, October 18, 2007

The 3 C's...cats, coyotes and carpet

Tucson

Well, it is over...finally! Our new carpet is installed in the house and it is beautiful! I am so pleased with the color and the way it matches everything. I wasn't very thrilled with all the chaos it caused while it was being done however. NOTHING was in the right place...everything was torn up and to some extent still is. All the furniture is back where it belongs, thanks to Holly, Bruce and Cortney and their help....I couldn't have done it without them. Thank goodness they are here to "take care of us" when we need the help! Great people!
This picture doesn't really do the color of the new carpet justice....



The next "C", actually the next two "C's" have to do with an incident in our wild animal kingdom that we live in here in Tucson. Last Monday morning, both dogs were barking and trying to tear down the front screen door to get out! WTH??? So I let them out and went out with them. Up on the ridge in front of our house was three coyotes (not unusual) and one, very large, bob cat! The coyotes were actually stocking the cat! It was interesting to watch the coyotes come up behind her (I decided she had kittens down in the draw that she was protecting as she kept the coyotes from going down in the draw) and then she would turn towards them and they would run and come up from behind again. Pretty soon, she would take off and come up behind them! This lasted for a good 30-45 minutes before the coyotes gave up and left and she went back down to her den in the draw. I haven't seen her since, but I have heard her a couple of times! And of course the coyotes sing to us every night. It keeps the dogs (and me) awake!



The new house is coming along. Most of the painting is done, the new carpet will go in next week and then it will just be a matter of getting it cleaned and furnished. I have been haunting the Thrift Stores for bargains and have found a few, but mostly have been watching the sales in the local furniture stores. My brother, Dick, will be here next month and we would like to have the house as ready as we can for him. There will be things he will have to buy, but we would like to have the basic's in for him.



AL is having a great time in Odessa. The hunting crowd was there last weekend and he enjoyed them, plus all 3 of his son's were there and he really enjoyed that. Now I understand it is cold and rainy in Odessa...oh boy am I glad I am here!



TOmorrow night Jack and Suzi Waddick will be here. Suzi has a show this weekend in Oro Valley so I will help them set up tomorrow night and take down on Sunday. I am sure we will have plenty to visit and plan for our Greek Island Cruise...which is rapidly coming up.



And I will share this with you....


As some of you know, this will be happening to me very soon....but Mike V, you get to go first!!!!!!!! Right now I am only 59.95!!!!

And on that note....until next time...be happy, be safe and keep in touch.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Glad to see the pictures of you all having a good time with Bev and Grandaughter back east.

Really good to hear Al is back online and able to meet up with the boys for that special time they share in Odessa.

Michael

Followers