Saturday, October 27, 2007

Oh boy---I am growing old FAST

Tucson
Okay...I give! I will be 60 in a few days, right now I am still 59.99, but after tonight I am pushing 60 FAST!

Our youngest granddaughter, Lori is out to her first semi-formal dance at high school. Lori is a Freshman this year and she is attending her first homecoming dance. Now, I have to say, this is the girl that I thought we would never see in a dress...she hasn't worn a dress in forever. I think she was probably 5 the last time we got a dress on her! Now look at her...all grown up and in a dress! How and when did this happen???

Isn't she beautiful? She is the one who loves horses, has 2 of her own, breaks her own horses for barrel racing, and can toss a bale of hay like it was nothing! Oh my!!! Lori riding in a Rodeo.

In other news, AL is home from Washington and we are preparing to go on our Greek Isle Cruise. I picked him up in Phoenix on Wednesday and our daughter Billie and husband Dan were on vacation in Scottsdale for the week, so we spent one night with them. Thankfully, Dan, a fireman in LA was on vacation and not on the fire lines in Southern California. He said he wouldn't have been anyway as he is posted to Station 99, Beverly Hills and they wouldn't pull resources from that station because of the Santa Monica Mountains that they cover. Those fires are horrible. One of my nephews who has a house in Rancho Santa Fe was evacuated, but the house was safe. And good friends who live in Lake San Marcos were safe, so we felt very blessed.

The other house is coming along nicely and should be ready for my brother by the end of next month. THe new carpet is in, most of the painting is done, new appliances have arrived, so the inside is coming together nicely. We will all be glad when this is done.

Until next time...when I am older....

1 comment:

Jenn from WA said...

She looks just like Melanie. And she doesn't look all that happy to be in that dress... = )

Followers