Thursday, October 11, 2007

We are REALLY WROAMIN' this time!

Tucson



We got home last Saturday to some very grouchy animals! The dogs were mad at us for leaving them in their luxury hotel (with Holly and Bruce) and for the first few hours they didn't want anything to do with us until dinner time! The cats, were pretty much cats. Juanito had a few choice "meows" for us when we first got home, but then he saved his big pestering for bed time!



Sunday we layed low and recovered. OH, by the way, we did get on the earlier flight out of Denver...we were the last two standby's to get on! But we didn't care, it saved us 3 more hours in Denver!! By the time our originally scheduled flight arrived in Phoenix we were already sound asleep in the hotel!



Monday was a work day...ya' I know, I hear all of you who really WORK, but there are certain things we work at...around the house! ALSO on Monday, I got my new horse! It is a 2005 Honda Rancher ATV! I love it! It is bright yellow so you can definitely see me coming! I think I am begining my second (or perhaps third) childhood!



Tuesday was was and pack day. Al is going to Odessa for the deer hunt so I had to get him ready to go.



Wednesday I took Al to the Phoenix airport, leaving here at o'dark thirty to get him there by 8:30 a.m.! YAWN! Cortney went along with me, and kept me awake on the way home.



Now, our big news...we are going to take a cruise to the Greek Isles! YES! THis is a cruise I have wanted to take for years and years...and we really got a good deal on the cruise (and no, we don't have to row!!) and our friends Jack and Suzi are going with us. What a great way to celebrate my 60th birthday! We leave Nov. 7...er, that's less than a month away! I AM SO EXCITED!!! Our itinerary reads like this

Day 1 Venice, Italy Arrive after a 16 hour flight (ugh)
Day 2 Venice, Italy depart 1:00 PM
Day 3 Dubrovnik, Croatia
Day 4 Corfu, Greece
Day 5 Katakolon (Olympia), Greece
Day 6 Athens (Piraeus), Greece
Dau 7 Mykonos, Greece
Day 8 Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey
Day 9 Rhodes, Greece
Day 10 Santorini, Greece
Day 11 At Sea (FInally a day for rest!)
Day 12 Naples/Capri, Italy
Day 13 Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy
Fly back to Phoenix (Another 16 hours)

I am so excited...oh, I said that already! This is really my dream vacation/cruise. Like I said, I have wanted to do this for many years, but it was always too expensive. Thank you Princess Cruises --- I am sure this is one of those "let's get this ship filled up" deals, but I don't care! WE ARE GOING TO GREECE. Al and I spent Thanksgiving there 20 years ago on a quick trip out of Saudi and I fell in love with Greece and have always wanted to go back!

We are getting ready to have our new carpet installed in this house so I am working like a dog to get the house ready. Everything has to be packed up and out of the way, the big furniture will be moved for me, however, the smaller stuff I have to move. This will be a two day install, the back of the house the first day and the front the next day, so Monday night, in between watching DWTS I will be moving things around...oh boy, what fun!

Our weather has been incredible...in the high 90's for the last few days, but the nights cool off to low 70's. Next week it is suppose to cool down to 80...may have to get my long underwear out!

Until next blog...............we are half way Wroamin'.

No comments:

Followers