Thursday, May 01, 2008

Astoria Oregon and a new GreatGranddaughter!


Suzi, Jack, Al in San Francisco

April 30, 2008 Wednesday At sea


We are on our last at sea day today. We are heading up the California and Oregon to coast to Astoria, Oregon. Last night was a rough night at sea….a lot of wrockin’ and wrollin’ going on --- lulled me right to sleep. However, it is still somewhat rough this morning and it is a little difficult to walk at times! We have been so fortunate on this trip….smooth sea’s and good weather most of the way, so I am not complaining.

This morning Suzi and I decided to go play Bingo one last time. I never win at Bingo….Suzi has won once, however, I usually am not that lucky. Well, I won the blackout bingo pot today! Of course so did 3 others, so we had to split the pot, but I walked away with ¼ th of $311.

After lunch, the lure of the “BIG JACKPOT” Bingo was calling Suzi and I. So off we went! We decided to split a machine (in case you haven’t played Bingo in the last few months, it is now electronic…you just have to watch your machine! Takes a lot of the fun out of it!) and whadda’ know…we won. Not the big, blackout jackpot, but we won a game..of course we had to split it with someone else, but we each walked away with $54! Doesn’t cover the cost of the machine, but we had fun! AND WE WON!

I came back to the room to a sick Al. I CAN’T BELIEVE IT!!!!! He has a real upset stomach….oh oh. We decided not to go down to dinner; he didn’t feel like it, and believe me, I am so tired of the food I didn’t want to go!


May 1, 2008 Thursday Astoria, OR

WELCOME TO THE WORLD SOFIE DENISE! We are great grandparents again! Grandson David and girlfriend, Tiffany had a our great granddaughter last night. Sofie (not sure of the spelling yet) weighed in at 6 lbs 15 oz and 20 inches long and all three are doing fine! David is so happy and proud!

Al and I are confined to our cabin today. He has the norovirus – a gastrointestinal virus that seems to plague cruise ships and we have been so fortunate in the past to avoid. However, we weren’t so lucky this time. It is highly contagious, so hence confining us to the cabin for 24 hours. I am fine so far and Al is feeling much better now that he has some med’s in him. I think 19 days of a cruise is just too long!

Jack and Suzi were able to get off and meet up with her cousin…so, hopefully they are having a good time.

We arrive in Seattle tomorrow morning and we are scheduled to disembark at around 9:30 a.m. Plan is that I will take a taxi to get the rental car and then we will head to Jennifer’s for the weekend. Jack and Suzi are heading to Cashmere to visit friends for the weekend.

So. Since the internet connection on ship is so expensive, I will up load pictures once I get to Jennifer’s (I hope I will have a much fasted connection as well)….it takes usually about 15 minutes per picture to up load them on this connection…which is way to slow and as I said, way to expensive.

Until tomorrow in Seattle…..we are still wridin’ the waves with the Waddicks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you can send your cruise cabin photos and captions to

http://www.cruisecabinphotos.com

thanks

Followers