Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Movin' along

Ogden, Ut
May 19

We arrived here yesterday afternoon and set up for the night. I decided I needed a nap so I layed down around 6:30 and woke up this morning at 8:00! Some nap? WOW! Guess I was tired.

We left Bryce Canyon around 10:00 a.m. yesterday. We are moving fairly slow...taking our sweet time. Al drove as far as Nephi, UT, where we stopped for fuel ($4.57 owowowowow)and we got some lunch. Then I took over driving. Hmmm...where did all these white cars come from? Both of us noticed an unusal large amount of white cars...all around us. Come on people...get some pizazz in your life and get a colored car!

In through Salt Lake City we go....in rush hour of course! Hey, you! The one in the Silver Ford F250 that just cut in front of me...didn't you see this BIG BLACK FORD PULLING THIS HUGE TRAILER THAT CAN'T STOP ON A DIME? YA' YOU DUMMY! I some times think that people see us coming and think "I want to be in front of them so I will cut them off..they can surely stop before they plant themselves in my rear!" NOT! But then, of course, there was the nice person in the Silver Dodge pickup (Hush DAN) that let me in a few minutes later...restoring my faith in humans. After all...I am in Salt Lake.

There is a fire just west of us today...just started. Don't know where it is, or if it is a forest fire or a structure, but the cloud of smoke is huge and black and in the direction we have to go. UGH!

And we are off...maybe more blog tonight IF I can get internet.

No comments:

Followers