Friday, July 25, 2008

SUN!!! Well for a moment....

Sterling, AK

July 22
Rain, rain, rain…again.
July 23
More of the same
July 24
Do you know what “termination dust” is? Neither did I until I saw the news on TV today. “Termination dust” is the first dusting of snow on the mountains indicating the termination of summer. And yes, there is termination dust on the mountains, but my question is, how can you have the termination of summer when there has BEEN NO SUMMER? Don’t you have to have summer first to end it? GRRRRR! And it rained again all damn day! Even Al, who doesn’t mind the rain, is ready for it to end. And it is cold as well. Today’s high was 47! Again, I will repeat…you can’t terminate summer if there hasn’t been one!!!! Only the hardiest of fishermen were out today. That left me out!
Dan, his dad Rod and his uncle, Ken arrived today from LA. They got in this evening and we met them at Suzie’s for dinner. As usual, Suzie’s was packed and the food was outstanding. After we got home they all put on their wet gear and went fishing. CRAZY MEN! But the fish were asleep for the night evidently as they came back with none. We had some in the cooler to package already however. The rain finally stopped about midnight….we need some sun to dry out things.
July 25, 2008 Friday
As I write this I am at my favorite place here….the Laundromat. It is sunny out right now and I am sitting outside enjoying every bit of the little bit of sun we will have as big, black clouds are moving in quickly. Is this summer???? I sure hope not, but since we are only here for another week, maybe I will find summer when we get back to Odessa. But what will these poor people who live here do for summer?????? Of course, one could argue that point that they are used to this; but they really aren’t. This is being reported as the coldest, wettest summer on record (since 1908)….hmmm…and you tell me this is global warming? NOT!
The boys are all down on the river fishing, and after I am done here I am on my way to Soldotana to do some grocery shopping, then to the little café I go to so I can download my email and send this blog.
OOPS, summer is over, I have to move inside now…it’s starting to rain!

No comments:

Followers