Sunday, September 28, 2008

CPAP battle is over

Odessa
I think I have finally mastered the CPAP, or BiPAP as mine is called. The new face mask is working and I have had 4 nights of un-interrupted, glorious sleep and rest. The first night I wore the mask it was a little strange getting used to this "thing" on my face, but I was so tired I fell asleep and woke up refreshed the next morning. Wow, what a feeling. And after four nights of sleep I feel GREAT! Matter-of-fact I have more energy than I know what to do with. If only my poor body could keep up with the energy level I have all of a sudden! The cats on the other hand wonder what has happened to my face at night. Juanito will "pat" the mask at night to see if I am really under it! Funny! And when the mask leaks air it makes a funny noise and the dogs will growl at it...and yet I am getting sleep.

Yesterday I did more work around the house in one stretch than I have done in a long time and I was looking for more to do, only my body said "ENOUGH--I AM SORE ENOUGH!" Yes folks, I feel good. FINALLY! Now I just have to get my body to agree to this new feeling of energy and I will be rockin'! Somehow I don't think my old body is gonna' willingly agree to this new energy level...I will have to break it in slowly!

We have had some beautiful Fall days here in Odessolet. Crisp mornings and nights and beautiful days. The leaves are beginning to turn and fall, and there is a certain smell in the air that says its Fall. I am enjoying these days here, especially since I don't have a lot planned to do until deer hunting weekend. I have cut out a new quilt and will begin sewing it today....hope to finish it before I leave.

On another note, our son Jerry and wife Ardis have decided to separate. It makes me sad to see this, however, if they both are happier apart, then it is the right thing to do. We support their decision and love them both.

On to happier things....we are going to be great grandparents again...David and Tiffany are expecting a new bundle of wet diapers in March. Congrats to them.

Until next time...enjoy life, it's the only one you have got!

No comments:

Followers