Thursday, September 04, 2008

Hurricane Summer Cold

Odessa
I have been hit by a hurricane! Hurricane summer cold has laid me flat! High winds (blowing my sore nose); rain (running nose); wind gusts (sneezes); flooding (see rain)and general devastation has hit. In other words I have a rotten summer cold and I feel like crap! I have been down and out for 3 days now...no energy, can't concentrate, ache all over, etc. ARRGG...I hate being sick and I am not good a being sick. I fight it with every ounce of me (and that's a lot of ounces folks!) and sometimes sick wins, as it did this time.

Actually I have been fighting what I thought was allergies for the last couple of weeks. The wind has blowing every day here and who knows what it has stirred up..so I thought that was what was causing my nose to run like a greyhound at the race track! I shoulda' bought stock in Kleenex the way I am going through it. Any way, I kept resisting this plague. I sanded the front deck and painted it last weekend. I told Al I was going to have to be on my death bed NOT to paint as it has been on my "TO DO" list way too long. I also sorted through some more "stuff" and added to our garage sale pile (hiding all of this from AL, who usually buys more from our garage sale than anyone else!!). Then on Monday night, I was officially DONE IN. NO MORE. I was down for the count.

Okay, now I have been sick, I am ready to start on something today...however, my mind and body are not in agreement...and the body wins. I will stay down another day and try and get rid of this menace.

In other news, ah, can't remember any other news at this point...so I will say adios for now.

1 comment:

Jenn from WA said...

I say: Grilled cheese and tomato soup. That'll perk you right up! Oh and leave your cold in Odessa...

Followers