Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Out with the Old, In with the New...Happy New Year

Tucson
Well, it is not quite New Years here, it's 10:15 p.m. and I am not sure I will be awake at midnight...I am fading fast. But it is New Years in NYC, and that is the time zone I have chosen to celebrate!!!! So Happy New Year to all...welcome to 2009.

And, there aren't many places I can write this and have the doors open in the house and still enjoying 60 degrees! The last two days have been most pleasant...all it took was sending Jennifer back to Seattle for the nice weather to return!!! We did celebrate her 40th birthday on Monday...how did THAT happen??? I am to young to have a 40 year old, or a 43 year old for that matter!!!

I talked to Melanie yesterday and she said Portland was finally starting to thaw out...they had as much snow as Seattle. Very unusual!

My brother Dick finally came home from the hospital yesterday and I wish I could say he is doing well, but he is very frail and tired. Yes, I am very worried. Hospice has been called in and I must say they have been wonderful. So very helpful to him and his care giver Pat and to me, helping us understand what we need to do, and what is ahead for him and us. What a great organization! Casa de la Luz is the hospice we chose to use and so far they are fantastic! Of course we are all hoping and praying that he will get better and get back to where he was health wise, however, me being the realist that I am, I don't think we will get there. Hopefully he will be able to remain home and recieve treatment through hospice and not have to go back into the hospital. Put him in your prayers please.

Other than that, things are pretty quiet on the home front. As you can tell, we aren't very big party people...very low key tonight. However, there was a time...Randy and Judy, remember the mail box????

And on that note, Happy New Year!

No comments:

Followers