Tuesday, December 09, 2008

And so it's Christmas....almost

Tucson
BRRRR....cold in the old pueblo tonight. Matter of fact, it has been cold all day! And our mountain tops have a nice dusting of snow...makes me want to break out the Christmas songs, and I guess it is time to do just that!!!!

As I sit here writing the blog, Christmas Card Address Labels are spitting out of the printer...yes, it is time once again. Only 183 cards this year..down from 198 last year and I am not sure why ... or maybe I am and I don't want to admit it!

Since my last posting we had a very nice Thanksgiving Day, thank you for asking. The crowd at the Wraspir household consisted of the Sandersons; Holly, Bruce and Cortney; some Wraspir's happened along; Gary and Jeannette and some Dashiells, Chuck and Jude were here from Texas (Chuck is Jeannette's brother) and then my brother Dick and care giver Pat were here. We had a nice gathering and lots of food. And Chuck and Judy and my traitor brother were delighted to watch the Seahawks get killed by the Cowboys! I finally turned the TV off...my house, my rules!

The last 4 days we have been in Austin, Texas where our God Daughter, Ashley Dionisio graduated from the University of Texas. Austin...what a place. We spent 99.9% of our time getting lost...even with the GPS! Our hotel wasn't the easiest to get to, even though it was right next to the freeway. Getting to it was a real challenge; especially when the freeway was I-35 and the frontage road was the same name!!!! Chuck did you do this???? Our poor Lucy (which we named our GPS) was soooo confused. She kept "recalculating" until she was about ready to explode. I thought surely the next words she would utter would be "I give up...you are lost!" However, faithful Lucy finally got us to the hotel...and that was just the first night! Needless to say, we spent a few hours going in circles, utterly lost all four days!

The graduation was great, we enjoyed seeing Willy and Nora (Ashley's parents who came in from Hawaii and were freezing the whole time...I say they need to leave Hawaii at least once a year and experience weather below 80!) We had a short but good visit with them. Ashley is engaged to a very nice young man, and his family was there as well and we enjoyed meeting them for the first time.

On Saturday Al's cousin, Dwight came in from Dallas for a short visit with us. He was on his way to Houston for a few days so we are glad he made time for us. We always enjoy seeing him and our visits seem to be few and too far in between. What a great guy!

We got home late last night...the dogs and cats were happy to see us. Cortney house sat for us and she did a great job. It seems a bit weird to me that she is old enough to stay by herself...but she is almost 18. Where has the time gone? And how did these kids grow up so fast????

Now I am in the Christmas frenzy mode. Still have gifts to buy and packages to send...arg. And the cards...ah yes, the printer is done, so it is time.

Until next post...hope all is well with you and yours..................

No comments:

Followers