Monday, August 24, 2009

Breath taking Beauty

Noxon, Mt


All I can about this area is it is breath taking, jaw-dropping, heart-stopping beautiful!!! Who'd thunk I would love this area like I do?


Kootnai River near Libby, Mt

We spent last week just hanging out, doing a lot of nothing and getting some much needed rest! We made a quick trip into Sand Point on Thursday to get some groceries, and saw a moose on the way home.

Friday morning we were awaken about 4:30 a.m by a loud clap of thunder. YEA...thunder and lightning storm. I stayed awake and enjoyed it...rain and all. However, I was hoping it wouldn't start any fired and so far I haven't heard of any fires being started around here by it. I love a good thunder and lightning storm. Unfortunatelly, my animals don't. We wound up with us, 2 cats and 2 dogs in a queen size bed! Yup--it was a bit cozy!

Friday night we went to a local restaurant in downtown Noxon (population "very small") and had some excellent ribs. Met some of Gordon and Denise's friends--great bunch of people.

Saturday night we drove to Troy, Mt to a little, restaurant for some great prime rib. Now, I have to tell you about this restaurant. The little lady that runs it is 75 years old, has ran it for 40 years and mostly by herself...I mean, by herself...no help! She does the cooking, cleaning, serving, etc. This place probably seats 35-40 people and usually is standing room only. We got there at the perfect time and got right in. I think we will go back before we go home...it was that good.
Jacks Cafe...not much to look at, but great food and a great lady!

We nosed around a little in Troy and then drove to Libby. Libby is larger than Troy, but still small town. Cute town and I got some great pictures of the eagles they have all over town...eagle scupltures I should say.


Sunday we lazed around in the morning then Gordon and Denise took us to some of their friends house...what an amazing house. It was an old homestead and these people bought it and re-did it. It is absolutely beautiful. A lot of work, but well worth it.

A here is a blast from the past...anyone guess who these two are?

No comments:

Followers