Sunday, August 09, 2009

Vancouver still

Vancouver

Okay, I need to make a correction to my last blog. The Firefighter and Police World Games is what has been in Vancouver for the past week. It is sort of a trial run for the city before the 2010 Olympics arrives. This town is stuffed with firefighters and police….I feel very safe. Billie and Dan, where are you????

Speaking of the Olympics, you can see preparations everywhere in the city for the games. A lot of streets are torn up and being repaved; a lot of buildings being built for the games and more transportation being added. I am glad I won't be here for the games. The crowd this weekend was enough.

Today we went to Granville Island….think Pike Place Market. Almost identical, but fun. It was rainy today and everyone had umbrellas but Al and I. We toughed it out!!! From the market we had luncha t the Boat House, which was excellent. Then back to Gastown so Suzi could buy some souveniers. From there we couldn't figure out what to do, so we went to Costco!!!! This Costco was interesting…it was downtown and you parked underneath (and paid for parking) but once inside it was Costco.

Tonight we went to The Keg for dinner. I laughed at the oddity of it….when we left Seattle we had dinner at The Keg the night before we left and here we are ending our trip at The Keg!!! We should have gotten a free drink or something!!!

Tomorrow we head home. We have been gone from the mutts and kitties for over 40 days…time to get home and get back into a normal routine. We are taking Amtrak to Seattle. We will be in Seattle for a few days of doctor appointments and seeing friend and kids, then head back to Odessa to switch cars and pick up the truck and then back to Noxon, MT for a week or so. It will be good to get back. I love to vacation, but I am always ready to come home … such as it is. I don't count traveling in the 5th wheel vacation, I still have house work, dishes, beds to make, meals to prepare, etc. Just in different locations some times.

So until we hit the good ole USA again…..we are still Wroamin!

No comments:

Followers