Monday, August 17, 2009

Noxon -- wonderful NOXON

Noxon, Mt
Any way you spell it is right...backward, forwards, upside down! I love this place. So peaceful and beautiful. And boy do we need the peace and quiet for a while and just settle down.

We spent Friday in Odessa; Al had a chance to get his hair and beard trimmed; I, on the other hand, still look like a shaggy dog!!! We stayed with Jerry on Friday night. Got to play with Simon and the dogs really had a good time. We all went to Chiefs (the local cafe) for dinner and then back to rest at Jerry's. About 9:00 p.m. Al went to bed and I was relaxing when I heard "Jo, I need help"--I ran into the bedroom and Al was in horrible pain with cramps all over his body. I got him up and into the recliner. I gave him some extra potassium and had him eat a banana (anything to get extra potassium in him) and gave him some Tylenol, hoping he would relax. The cramps were getting worse and he was having a trouble breathing...so I called 911 for an ambulance. Jerry and I tried to massage the cramps, but they were all over his body. The ambulance took him to Odessa Hospital, where they dosed him with more potassium. Finally after about 4 hours the cramps subsided and we could go home. Poor Al was really in agony. This happened in June as well when we were on the way back to Odessa from Tucson. The doctors still don't know what causes it, however, I have increased his daily potassium.

I have to say that for a small town, Odessa Hospital is wonderful. They have great equipment, doctors and nurses and treat a patient so kindly. It is good to know you will get good care in a small town.

We left Saturday morning for Noxon. Stopped in Liberty Lake to have lunch with Gary and Jeannette. Just when we were getting ready to leave their house we looked to the north and big, black storm clouds were gathering. Gary and I quickly wrapped our luggage in plastic bags (it was in the back of the truck) and we took off. We didn't get a mile from their house and it started to pour. We drove in rain until we reached Hwy 95 in Couer d' Alene; then it was just off and on all the way to Noxon. Sand Point, ID had gotten a heavy rain right before we got there and it rained heavy right after we left, so we were running from the rain. When we pulled into Noxon it was just sprinkling, so Gordon, Denise and I quickly unloaded the truck and just as we finished it poured like crazy. Talk about timing.

Yesterday I unpacked; 5 suitcases, 5 boxes etc. Today I paid bills and caught up on book work, so now maybe I can relax and enjoy this beautiful spot for a while. I don't know how long we will be here, maybe another week or two. It is just too pretty to leave.

Gotta go outside and enjoy the sun and trees, river, etc. Look up Noxon, Mt...we are in the NW corner of the state.

No comments:

Followers