Tuesday, November 06, 2007

And we are off....almost

Tucson

And we are off on our Greek Island cruise...almost. Tomorrow we go to Phoenix for the night after dropping dogs off in Gila Bend to Yuma friends who are meeting us there. Thursday is the big, long day. We leave Phoenix bound for Chicago in the afternoon; leaving Chicago around 10:00 p.m. for the long, long flight to Frankfurt, Germany. Then it is just an hour or so flight into Venice, arriving there around 5:00 p.m. (their time) on the 9th. WHEEEEEEEEEEE! Sure wish we had a longer layover in Frankfurt as grandson Danny is stationed there and we could see him, but our layover is about 2 hours, not enough time.

I survived my 60th birthday with a lot of well wishes from family and friends. Mike and Bev sent flowers as did Melanie and Ron and family! I do love my flowers. Jennifer wrote a wonderful blog for my special day as well. Made me cry! All the kids checked in as did granddaughters Sarah, Cammie and Natasha. Sibling's checked in as well to make sure I knew how old I was! Lots of friends called, sent cards and emails. Saturday night Holly and Bruce had us over for dinner along with Gary and Jeannette. And yes, to those who are wondering, Jeannette got even. Yesterday Al and I went out to lunch and then friends had a party for me last night. What fun! Now I am ready to have fun in my 60's!

We are getting the other house close to being finished. Gary Cipponeri and crew have worked hard and the results are wonderful! We have managed to get some furniture moved in and when we get back we will finish it up as my brother is scheduled in on the 27th.

So stay tuned for blogs from our cruise. I am not taking my computer, but there are computers on board that are available....so until the next time.......we hope you are all enjoying life and are happy and healthy.

The Wroamin' Wraspirs,
AL and JO

No comments:

Followers