Sunday, November 18, 2007

Santorini --the UNTOUR

Aboard the Star Princess, anchored off Santorini
Nov 18

We were jolted awake early this morning by what sounded like a bomb going off! WTH? I was standing up beside the bed before I was fully awake! I stumbled to the sliding door and opened the drapes and we were having a great light show...yes, my friends, thunder and lightning. The weather gods had been good to us up to this point, however, they were telling us it may be coming to an end. Denise, Sherrie and Jennifer, all I can say is remember the thunder in Lugano? Nuff said. I left the drapes open and went back to bed, fully intending to watch the lightning, however, the sleep gods took over very quickly and I missed the rest of the light show.

Later we had a leisurely morning, trying the omelet bar on board...not such a good idea! Our tour of Santorini was scheduled for noon. The weather was a little cool, clouds off in the distance and very windy. We were going to have to tender in to port and it did look a little rough. When we were in line to board the tender the captain came on the loudspeaker and cancelled all shore leaves for the crew. Ohoh, this didn't sound good. A few minutes later he cancelled the remaining tours and stopped all disembarktion from the ship to the tenders. Apparently it was more than a little rough and the tenders were having a hard time at the port, so now all they wanted to do was get the people that were on the island back to the ship safely. DARN...we really were looking forward to seeing this island. But, it does give us a reason to come back, right?

We took our disappointed selves to the dining room for lunch. Frankly, I am sick of eating. I think the rest of the group is beginning to feel the same way. And to me, all of the food is beginning to taste the same.....guess the cruise is winding to an end. All I want now is fruit and salads.

This afternoon Al read, Suzi and I did laundry and Jack went to the gym to work out. Not very exciting, but it was okay. Laundry is laundry, and has to be done at some point in time. I had already done a couple of loads earlier in the cruise, so now all the clothes are ready to go home. Tomorrow I will do some packing since our last day of the cruise is Naples and Pompeii and we have a full day tour scheduled.

Right now, it is threatening to rain and is a little on the chilly side. We are due to set sail in about 10 minutes and will be at sea tomorrow, so unless there is something exciting that happens tomorrow, there will be no blog.

Until next blog.....................

No comments:

Followers