Friday, November 07, 2008

Arizona....YES

Tucson
It has been a bit of a whirlwind since we got back to Tucson...but it only took us a few short moments to remember why we love it here. The sun, warmth, clear sky, birds, wildlife (okay, I could do with out the coyotes and snakes) and the general feeling of well being. Go to this site to see what I mean...Arizona We are getting re-acquainted with our wildlife....including the coyotes; javalina's; the birds, the Catcus Wren, the Thrasher, Cardinal, Quail and my favorite, our roadrunner, Freddie.
We named him Fast Freddie a few years ago. I just love to watch them..they are so darn funny!

We are finally about settled. The trailer is unloaded, now all we have to do is get it parked in it's spot...not as easy as one would think. You see, we live on top of a hill and we have limited room to manuver the trailer around. We park it next to the house and it does take some time and patience to get it parked. It is a chore neither of us care for!

My brother, Dick, celebrated his 80th birthday last week. His son Bob and wife Kat were here from San Diego to help him celebrate. On Friday night we all went out to El Corral, a favorite Prime Rib place for dinner. Then on Saturday night we went to Sullivan's Steak House for dinner. All I can say is WOW! We enjoyed our visit with Bob and Kat and hope they come back soon.

Then, a few days ago, I managed to turn another year older as well. I recieved a lot of cards, thanks to all of you who remembered. Al and I met Gary and Jeannette at McMahon's Steakhouse for dinner that evening. It was good as well, but not as good as Sullivans. All in all, I had a good birthday and as long as they keep coming I won't complain!

That's about all from our wonderful end of the world...we hope all is well in your world!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Al & Jo,

I ran across your journal a couple months ago and was delighted to see your chronicle of comings and goings.

Jody just bought a winter retreat for herself (and me I hope) in Tucson. We sign the closing papers the week after next.

Good to see you doing well,

Eli Bunch

Anonymous said...

Hi Al & Jo,

I ran across your journal a couple months ago and was delighted to see your chronicle of comings and goings.

Jody just bought a winter retreat for herself (and me I hope) in, of all places, Tucson! We sign the closing papers the week after next and I imagine she'll be headed south post haste.

Good to see you doing well,

Eli Bunch
elb0591@hotmail.com

Jody Bunch
jodysue48@hotmail.com

Followers