Sunday, November 23, 2008

News of the week....

Tucson

Not too much going on around here this week. I took two quilting classes yesteray...must remember to only take one a day from now on! Brain isn't used to learning so much in one day! YIKES! I had a great time however, just hope I can remember at least 25% of what was taught! I have one more class scheduled for next Saturday.

GAS IS $1.94 a gallon...whoo hoo! Now, having said that, and I am glad, but WTH? I should be happy if it was back down where it belonged at $0.94 a gallon! Ouy Vey...will never see that again in my lifetime!

And speaking of life times, Mel and Jenn, who wrote on the refrigerator??? Something else I will never know in my lifetime. Guess we could blame it on the dog..if we had one then.

AND A BIG HOORAY FOR GRANDDAUGHTER LORI, SOPHMORE AT OREGON CITY HIGH SCHOOL....NOW IN THE NATIONAL HONOR SOCIETY! Can you tell I am proud?

I have been busy scanning in a trillion (at least it seems like it) 35mm flim slides that are my oldest brother Dicks. A lifetime of history...unfortunately, I don't know who a lot of the people are or where some of the scenry is from. Oh well, he will hopefully enjoy the DVD I hope to make of these. And if I can get the DVD made, then I will tackle the gazillion slides of my mom and dads. I should (at least I hope to) know where most of those were taken and who are in the pictures....maybe. ITs been a fun project though.

Not much else going on here. The weather has been delightful...in the 70's most of the time. Last Friday Jeannette called me from her house in SE Tucson and was talking about how hard the wind was blowing...hmmm...I looked out side here and there wasn't a breath of wind. Tucson, for the most part, south of the mountains had a real wind/dust storm, but since we are NORTH of the mountains, we had nothing! Of course some days we have wind and they don't...


We are getting ready for Thanksgiving...a crowd of 12 here this year. We hope you and yours will have a wonderful Thanksgiving...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

1 comment:

Jenn from WA said...

MJ did it!

Followers