Tuesday, November 25, 2008

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO That Feels So Good!

Tucson

OH, that does feel good. You know how you feel when you scratch an itch and it feels so good? That is the way I feel right now. I just delivered to our local food bank 4 BIG boxes of food. It truly makes me thankful that we have so much and we can share with others who aren't as fortunate. AND while I was unloading my car, four other cars pulled up, one from a local real estate company who was LOADED with food and donated a large sum of money as well. Brought tears to my eyes to see people caring like that. By the timne I left, there was a line of cars about 10 deep....hopefully some families will have a wonderful holiday season now. And I plan on doing this every month...donating food to the local food bank. Maybe not as much, maybe more, who knows, but something every month.

SO that started me thinking....I am going to go pick up toys for the toy drive and donate them as well. AND I am going through my closets as we speak, getting ready to donate clothes that I don't need. Not necessarily clothes that I won't wear, but I don't need as many as I have. Al as well...all though he doesn't know it yet! :-)

So how about you? Can you donate to your local food bank? How about participating in Toys for Tots this year? Or clean out your closets and donate un-used items and clothing.

All I can say is I FEEL GOOD!

1 comment:

Jenn from WA said...

First, with all the food dad buys going to the food bank once a month is a good thing.

Second - I read "toys for tots" with an "i" for the "o" in tots. I need glasses I think.

Followers