Monday, January 14, 2008

New Computer and Keyboard....arg!

Tucson

Jan 14,2008



Okay, first a disclaimer! I will take no responsibility for any typo's in this blog! I am working from a new keyboard and I think they have moved some of the keys around!



My old computer was sssssssssooooooooooooo slow and so we (well, I, since Al has no idea what to do with a computer anymore) decided it was time to replace our old Dell with a new model. I ordered it and it arrived last week. But first I had to get everything off the old computer...so with memory stick's in hand, I proceeded to take everything that I needed off the old computer. IT TOOK ME TWO DAYS! NO WONDER THE $%^&*(*#@ THING WAS SLOW! But I regress....finally, I got the new one hooked up. However, is has Windows Vista on it, and it is a lot different than XP. First of all, I had to figure out how to turn off said computer, since they changed everything! GRRR. Finally, I got it all hooked up except for my ergonomic keyboard. Hmmm....it seems as if my old keyboard was uncompatable with the new computer! No surprise there, right? So for two days I used the standard keyboard that came with the computer and HATED it. Why are these keys so close together??? Today, armed with my trusty coupon for $ off I headed to Best Buy to buy a Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard! My, have these changed over the last 10 years. After deciding on one, I made my purchase and came home to install it. Now, I have to tell you, Vista DOES NOT agree with many things. Of course I had to download new software for said keyboard. FINALLY, I am up and running..however, like I said.....everything is different. I am sure I will love it (or not) once I get used to it. If only they would have put everything where I am used to it! :-(

Jan 15
I had to take a break yesterday...and yes, I am still having a hard timegetting used to this keyboard.

Today we had errands to run this morning and then met Seattle friends Glenn and Sande Rittenhouse for lunch here in Tucson. They are spending their winter in Casa Grande this year. It was good to see them and get caught up on each other. It had been way too long. They are such great people and we enjoy them tremendously.

I also took my brother to have his pacemaker checked today. I had never seen how that was done and it really is a simple procedure. He will probably have to have a new one installed this summer as his battery is running out of life. He is like the energizer bunny...he is wired for sound. Matter of fact, so it my other brother in Colorado...gee..I hope this gene stays with the MEN only in this family! So far my sister and I are escaping it.

Weather has been cool..and it is suppose to get to 28 tonight. Of course that is better than the 25 below that was Anchorage yesterday. BRRRRR

More later when something else exciting or not happens....

No comments:

Followers