Saturday, January 26, 2008

Rain's a comin' - or so the weather guessers say!

Tucson

So, our local weather guessers are saying we will be getting the rain tomorrow that has drowned California for the last few days. Uh Huh! I want the weather guessers job! What other job can you be wrong 99% of the time and get paid good money for it? First, we were suppose to get rain on Thursday, but it "stalled"; so then today..so far nothing - now it is supposed to be Sunday. We shall see! Just to be on the safe side I am taking the dogs for a walk today...nothing worse than sopping wet, smelly dogs!

Our son,Ric walked the 60 mile cancer walk in Seattle last year. Well, this year he has some company in the walk. Jennifer and Sherrie have both signed up to walk and both of them are in training! They walked 6 miles last Saturday and have walked at least 2 miles a day, regardless of the weather during the week and are doing another 6 mile walk today. GOOD FOR THEM! We are really proud of their dedication.

One of the reasons we love Arizona:





I love our sunsets!

Friends Rod and Cheryl Grahek were in town a week or so ago and we met them for dinner at Pinnacle Peak Steakhouse. Rod is our son-in-law Dan, father. We had a short visit with them and a great steak!


Rod and Cheryl Grahek

This has been a fairly quiet week--at least for me. I FINALLY got all of our last cruise pictures printed! YEAH! Now I am busy putting them in a scrapbook. I am so far behind on printing pictures -- I think I am two years behind. My goal it to get caught up this year...

I also signed up for a couple of quilting classes at our local quilt shop. I got a gift certificate for the shop for Christmas, so I am putting it to good use. I still have two baby quilts I want to get done, plus a ton of other projects! Life isn't dull and I am not bored! Some days I want to retire..oh, wait, I AM RETIRED! Hmmmmm

No comments:

Followers